Illinois 2011 helmet laws going in to effect?

Kahunas

Registered
bluebar

SB2535 - VEH CD-MOTORCYCLE HELMETS- Synopsis As Introduced
Amends the Illinois Vehicle Code to require every operator and passenger under the age of 18 on a motorcycle, motor driven cycle, or motorized pedalcycle to wear a helmet that meets federal safety standards and is properly fastened under the person's chin with a chin strap. Effective January 1, 2011.
Senate Sponsors Sen. Donne E. Trotter

SB2536 - VEH CD-MOTORCYCLE HELMETS - Synopsis As Introduced
Amends the Illinois Vehicle Code to require every operator and passenger on a motorcycle, motor driven cycle, or moped to wear a helmet that meets federal safety standards and is properly fastened under the person's chin with a chin strap. Effective January 1, 2011.
Senate Sponsors Sen. Donne E. Trotter

HB5031- VEH CD-MOTORCYCLE HELMETS - Synopsis As Introduced
Amends the Illinois Vehicle Code to require every operator and passenger on a motorcycle, motor driven cycle, or motorized pedalcycle to wear a helmet that meets federal safety standards.
House Sponsors
Rep. Mary E. Flowers

what the crap where did this come from i thought the ama had this on lockdown what is going on in our state ? also native americans able to smoke in banned buildings where did that come from where are our rights?

i just hope i can move to a state that doesnt make stupid laws before i have no rights and be arrested for breathing what do you think ,your opinions, thoughts,.

i think you've come to the wrong site to gripe about new helmet laws. just my two pennies worth. However, i agree with you. you should be able to wear one if you want to.

wasnt really griping just more of a general thing let illinois riders a heads up and been here two days now i wouldnt know where to gripe if i were lol and yes it will suck
we should incorporate floridas helmet and insurance laws i liked them better :laugh:

They can't figure out how to balance the state budget here so they gotta do something to look like they're earning their inflated salaries! :laugh:

Im sick of Illinois political hacks doing nothing. Just another joke to make them look like there doing something. I dont want any old bastid that has never threw a leg over a bike telling me what I need to wear when Im on mine.

I might get flamed for this but, I think ALL the state's should have a helmet law. On your bike, helmet on your head. If you wear your seatbelt in the car, why not wear your helmet on the bike.

Well according to your post, its only individuals under 18. Atleast thats what I gathered. I am in Pa where you dont have to wear one, but you wont catch me without one.

Can we get a law passed that bans people riding while their helmets rest on the side of the bike? My sanity would be preserved. :poke:

I might get flamed for this but, I think ALL the state's should have a helmet law. On your bike, helmet on your head. If you wear your seatbelt in the car, why not wear your helmet on the bike.
Seatbelts shouldn't be required by law either. Just another reason to generate revenue. And don't get me started on "Safety Checkpoints" aka roadblocks. Amazing how they only feel the need to have them late at night close to watering holes.....
IL has been trying to get a helmet law passed for years, not sure if this has gone all the way through yet.....

IL, KY and IN don't have one for sure, at least not if you're a grown up. Can't speak on other states.

IL, KY and IN don't have one for sure, at least not if you're a grown up. Can't speak on other states.

Just checked and once Ill. goes into affect there will be only one state left without a helmet law, Iowa. "not required by law" is not the same as "no helmet law"

Back