If you could do it all again...

herooo

Donating Member
Registered
Enlighten me with your wisdom and expensive learning curves..

Gotta beef up the busa....She's bone stock 'cept for yoshi 3 slip-ons.

Looking for the best (in order cause it ain't all gonna happen at once!!) five or six mods you have done to increase power, torque, or handling, or good stuff in general (lowering?).

Not interested in bling, just more, More, MORE !!! Nectur of the gods....

Looking for more bottom to mid range power, and a crisper response feel in throttle.

What have you done that you like and dislike, and what has your buddy got your dying for...(please keep topic bike related.....)

Do it yourself?, or should it be done at shop? Can I keep my cans?
Full exhaust, power commander, what else? I"m putting myself on a two year plan, with first 1/2 $$ to spent right away.

Thanks

Cheers

Ok Cheers
biggrin.gif
, here's what I'd do. BDE3 or Akrapovic exhaust. (loose the cans their junk). A powercomander for certain. A small box mod with BMC filter (not K&N). A set of Yosh drop in cams. Depending on riding style, re-gear it. Lowering makes it look nice and is great for dragracing, but why else would you be after low to mid range power if you don't run the curves?? and in that case you don't want to lower it.

1. Change sprockets to 16/42

2. 4-2-1 exhaust system

3. Strap front, dogbones on rear

4. Extend swingarm 4-6"

That's it...I plan to purchase another bike in the next year or two and that's all that I'm gonna do to it...I've done alot to my current bike and outside the turbo nothing else has really been that noticeable...
evil.gif

1.  Change sprockets to 16/42

2.  4-2-1 exhaust system

3.  Strap front, dogbones on rear

4.  Extend swingarm 4-6"

That's it...I plan to purchase another bike in the next year or two and that's all that I'm gonna do to it...I've done alot to my current bike and outside the turbo nothing else has really been that noticeable...  
evil.gif
I agree with Stunnah except for #3. I personally would get the lowering triple tree cover. Although straps are convenient, it just make better sense to me to have something built into the bike in order to achieve the desired drop. I've used straps and really didn't care for them. I realize a lowering tree costs much more than a strap, but it all depends on what you are truly looking for.

Brian

1.  Change sprockets to 16/42

2.  4-2-1 exhaust system

3.  Strap front, dogbones on rear

4.  Extend swingarm 4-6"

evil.gif
I agree with Stunnah except for #3.  I personally would get the lowering triple tree cover.  Although straps are convenient, it just make better sense to me to have something built into the bike in order to achieve the desired drop.  I've used straps and really didn't care for them.  I realize a lowering tree costs much more than a strap, but it all depends on what you are truly looking for.

Brian
I only strap it at the track...Otherwise I ride at stock height when on the street...I'm so fat that I don't want the underside to drag...
evil.gif

evil.gif

OK OK, I still haven't made performance mod 1 really, Synthetic oil and some Akro Slip on's...  BUT  I have been thinking and reading and watching buddies...  Here's where my woney would be going...

Were talking about 5 mods to improve the bike over all right?  OK...  How about 5 areas of improvement...

1. Improve Brake feel..., Spiegler master cylinder and Clutch levers. Maybe some , or something similar
2. Smooth out that throttle a pick up the performance a little?  HMF Dual Himounts, PCIIIr, and a BMC Filter.
3. Improve handling... , , , www.calsportbike.com
4. Improve comfort...Corbin Seat , Maybe Some
5. Lastly and most importantly... and a grip of track days at your local track.  All the mods in the world won't make up for lack of experiance and training.  The rider is the biggest performance hinderence on any modern sportbike...  Fix and tune this first and then you'll be able to really appreciate/take advantage of your mods...

Rev

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1089065463 -->

1.  Turbo
2.  Twin Turbo
3.  Jet Turbine
4.  Liquid fuel Rocket
5.  Warp Drive

Besides that I would go with 4: 2: 1: 2 exhaust and a freeflow airfilter.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1089066435 -->

ghetto...
h20 injection
innercooler
lowered/strapped
geared.
wow.gif

1. Gearing is biggest bang for the buck.
2. Exhaust 4-2-1 is going to drop weight and increase output.
3. Airfilter... I go with the K&N, but anyone will tell you that they have not seen any major HP increases with aftermarket air filters on the Bus... If anything, you are probably only gaining the ease to clean it...
wink.gif

4. TRE - smooth out the low end for ya in the throttle and will also take off the top-speed limiter for the newer models.
5. Power Commander is a must... It is amazing how much more you can get out of your moto. when its tuned.

Cloud

1 Kevlar brake lines (improve the feel greatly"
2 TRE
3 BDE Hindle Exhaust( or Akropovic if you got it like that)
4 Power comander IIIr
5 Frame Sliders( in case of a clumsey drop at a gas station)

The single best mod I did was to upgrade the brakes on my bike.
If you have not ridden a bike with good brakes you just will not understand.
Before pipes, turbos, gears or anything else get a

1:Brembo radial master cylinder
2:Spiegler or any full floating front rotors
3:SS braded or Kev lines.

THe busa is a heavy f-ing fast bike. I can stop at least 10 feet quicker from 100 mph then stock brakes and do it with one finger to me this is more important that adding a few HP. My setup was around 1200$ (about the same as a good header and can) and worth every penny.

Lowering your bike is great for straight line running but if you plan on doing any twisters keep your bikes swing and height stock. Each to their own.

4: Any 4 into 1 header with can, pull some packing out of it to loose some weight and make it sound better and gain some HP. I dont really think there is much difference in HP numbers between one or the other. I have an Akro......works fine and sounds great.

5: A hot girl on the back seat. Nothing makes a bike go faster than a pair of hard nips poking you in the back!

OK OK, I still haven't made performance mod 1 really, Synthetic oil and some Akro Slip on's...  BUT  I have been thinking and reading and watching buddies...  Here's where my woney would be going...

Were talking about 5 mods to improve the bike over all right?  OK...  How about 5 areas of improvement...

1. Improve Brake feel..., Spiegler master cylinder and Clutch levers. Maybe some , or something similar
2. Smooth out that throttle a pick up the performance a little?  HMF Dual Himounts, PCIIIr, and a BMC Filter.
3. Improve handling... , , , www.calsportbike.com
4. Improve comfort...Corbin Seat , Maybe Some
5. Lastly and most importantly... and a grip of track days at your local track.  All the mods in the world won't make up for lack of experiance and training.  The rider is the biggest performance hinderence on any modern sportbike...  Fix and tune this first and then you'll be able to really appreciate/take advantage of your mods...

Rev
Rev...I think you got carried away...But I'm feeling ya...
evil.gif

Top 5 under $2,500

1. Brock Davidson Gen III Pipe(with PAIR and small box mod)
2. PCIIIR (with custom map)
3. Stainless brake lines
4. Yosh Drop in cams
5. Dry N2O system (40 HP jets)

Top 5 Over $5,000

1. Stainless brake lines
2. PCIIIR
3. Motorhead Ghetto TURBO kit
4. BST Carbon Fiber Wheels
5. GPS for TOP SPEEDS

Any questions?
biggrin.gif

Hay Mark
To do all this upgrading I think that you might as well have the right bike to start with
The 2003 Canadian before anything done to it is about ten horse stronger than the US version Have low miles on the bike you do it to "important" The cops in Nova Scotia must be pretty understanding about having a fast bike and taking it to the limit What I really like to say is When my old Yoshy Cans become available please let me know I love to have them on my 2003 Canadian  bike I have the Yoshy 4-1 headers if you going to the single can I could work them headers in to
the deal I also have a brand new Corbin seat I have no use for we could work that in to the deal Drop me a line when you have a chance

<!--EDIT|BlackSheep
Reason for Edit: "Forgot the &quot;CORBIN&quot;"|1091034858 -->

Hay Mark
To do all this upgrading I think that you might as well have the right bike to start with
The 2003 Canadian before anything done to it is about ten horse stronger than the US version
The Canadian bikes aren't any different mechanically than the US bikes. It may have a little different tune in the ECU but it isn't 10 HP!?!?!

Maybe 2-3HP at the most if any....

Perhaps not the top 5, but here's the first 5 MODS I'm goin gto do in order.

1. ZG Screen
2. Tobin seats
3. Helibars
4. Spiegler SS brake lines
5. 4-2-1 (haven't decided on brand yet)

After that, I'm saving up to bring it to Lee's and get the stage 2.

<!--EDIT|thesnake
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091670214 -->

Back