Icon Mainframe Helmet Review

moondog

Donating Member
Registered
got my new Icon helmet. First of all, this helmet is finished in what Icon calls "rubbatone", it is a flat finish with a (go figure) rubber feel to it. After the initial shock, I kind of like it. Not sure of the long term durability of the finish. Much tighter fitting then my HJC, cheek pads squeeze my fat cheeks together. According to Icon, the initial fit should be tight but not uncomfortably so...when you shake your head, your scalp should move, not the helmet. Check, double check. Initial ride, quieter then the HJC, must be more areodymanic because the air currents mess with me less. End of ride, glad to get the thing off. Coolness...10, safety....8, comfort...6. My old, broken in HJC is more comfy. More when I get it broken in.... oh ya, weighs 3lbs-14oz, very light.

<!--EDIT|moondog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114705903 -->

iconscorphmt05.jpg

Thanks for the report. Tried on a couple ICON helmets and wasn't excited about the feel.

I'm with you. No local shop sold Icon so I had my guy order one. I HIGHLY suggest trying on your new helmet BEFORE buying it. No matter what the price.  
all_coholic.gif
she's mine now.....<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>woohoo</span>

<!--EDIT|moondog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114707594 -->

i really like that helmet .. i was gonna get one till my wife bought me a new kbc ffr flip up helmet .. kbc really nice especially at the stop light, just flip it up.
i might have to get one of the scorpion helmets.
smile.gif

Back