Icon helmet

TA_GunSurgeon

Donating Member
Registered
I'm looking for a second helmet. I've owned nothing , but Arai for the last couple years and love the quality of their helmets. I was thinking of getting a new Arai RX-7 and a came across a Icon Domain 2 I liked. Does anyone own one ? How is the quality, fit, and wind noise ? Any info would help !

I dont have the Domain, but I just purchased a Mainframe. I really like it compared to my Shoei. It is quieter and and feels lighter. Havent had the chance to ride a long distance with it yet. I hope it will not buffet in the wind as bad either.

I have the decay version of the Domain.
thumb_up.gif
I do like the helmet, the cheek padding seems to be a little stiffer than my Shoei(RF-900). Still comfortable to wear though. Havent had any quality issues with the Icon. Never worn an Arai. Hope this helps.
beerchug.gif

Try the new G-Max ,,, looks like icon,but less money,,just got one from the UPS guy today,,very nice.
And it won helmet of the year....under 120.00
beerchug.gif

I have used Arai, then Shoei, then Arai, and now back to Shoei.
I'm done with Shoei, the latest is way too noisey. I'll go back to Arai and be quiet!

I just got the Domain 2  Mechanica and I love it!  My other helmets are Arai RX7 Corsair and  the Arai Signet. The Arais feel lighter to me and they are a bit louder. The Icon is more plush interior and a bit quieter. The Arai RX7 is still my favorite. But the Icon is a great helmet also.EXCELLENT QUALITY!

I'm looking for a second helmet. I've owned nothing , but Arai for the last couple years and love the quality of their helmets. I was thinking of getting a new Arai RX-7 and a came across a Icon Domain 2 I liked. Does anyone own one ? How is the quality, fit, and wind noise ? Any info would help !
I've got this Domain 2 Serpicant For Sale XXL size matches a HJC XL Only worn it about 5 times. Like new no chips or scratches can e-mail pics of actual helmet if interested? $275 tyd

SERPICANTH_BLUE_FRONT.jpg

Go do that helmetshop.com Group Buy thing. I paid $280 for my Mainframe Skull from the dealer, and with the coupon (busa) on HelmetShop, it would have only been $169!

paying $600-800 for a helmet is crazy! bought a Suomy at 1st and loved it($400) then a Scorpion 700($250) and its pretty good and im getn my new GMAX 68S on thursday(helmet of the year!) and only paid $107 w/shipping so im really hyped about that new GMAX just looks HOT and for that price u cant pass it up

Even after knowing the new G-Max helmet was helmet of the year,,when it came was still better than expected.
thumb_up.gif

I have a Mainframe (good) and a Shoei X-11 (better). The quality of the Icon is fine, I just wish it vented as nice as the Shoei. With the X-11, you can feel the air moving over the top of your head. It should proove to be an excellent summer lid. Back on subject, I would recommend Icon as well.

I had the Devil Dog Leigon helmet and couldn't give that thing away. I liked it but didn't fit.  Ended up getting only $150 for a $350 lid.

Back