I witnessed a rider fly off a cliff!

Speedy recovery and learnt from this lesson,dont overtake if you are not familiar with the bike and route.

I'm so sorry to read about this; so glad you guys could stay to help him out. I can't imagine what he's going through right now. Heal fast rider! :please:

wow very sad, :please:gave me goosebumps like no other reading the OP and the article link. Sucks the rider has to lose a leg. :please:

What's up with that place that generates so many crashes? Obviously not a friendly place to crash.

Lots of crashes are the results of a bike passing vehicles only to find themselves with excess speed approaching an upcoming corner. Unable to reduce the speed to manage the corner, they end up in the bushes.

Braking skill is the most important aspect of motorcycling by far! Learn to brake folks, it will most likely save you a great deal of heartache at some point during your riding career.

Man, I hate reading these stories. That really blows. Great of you to help out! As bad as it was, could have had a much worse ending. He was fortunate you guys were there. :thumbsup:

Ride safe, ride smart friends. I know I have made many judgment errors and been a sand or wet patch away from the edge over the years. The cagers present enough of a challenge for us.

Was there when my dad lost his leg (diabetes), it s a harsh thing to deal with but better to be above ground dealing with it than pushing up daisy's. Good artificial limbs these days, he might very well be back riding some day. Glad you were there for him, would have been that much worse hanging in that tree alone wondering if this is it, you did good. As for flaming the guy, ya never know, if ya have any serious time in the twisty's you know it only takes one microsecond lapse of focus and you are in trouble, 99% of the time we pull out okay but we all know there is that 1% chance that we wont, just, circumstance, and fate will determine what the result of the lapse is going to be. Safe riding everyone.

Heal up quick Brother! You are still here for your family and friends and and right now this is what's most important...

Back