I want the longest lasting sport-touring tire

Avons and Pilots! Though I believe the Avons might just last a little bit longer
smile.gif
on the fence with both. what kind of milage on the pilots..

Avons and Pilots! Though I believe the Avons might just last a little bit longer
smile.gif
Bug do I sense a group buy shaping up here?.....lol. It sounds like the Avons are the way to go. But the Dunlop Qualifiers seem to be more high mileage oriented too....and my local dealer has them on sale, $300 for a set....good price? Thanks a ton for the info so far guys......this kinda stuff helps us all out. Damn I love this place
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

smile.gif
Bug do I sense a group buy shaping up here?.....lol. It sounds like the Avons are the way to go. But the Dunlop Qualifiers seem to be more high mileage oriented too....and my local dealer has them on sale, $300 for a set....good price? Thanks a ton for the info so far guys......this kinda stuff helps us all out. Damn I love this place  
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

wink.gif
If your talking about the qualifiers, someone on the board pointed me to this website... http://www.americanmototire.com/

The qualifiers (both front and back) are $246.41 and that is with shipping!

I use the Bridgestone Battleax BT20 tires.  I just changed
my 2000 Busa and got 13,000 miles from them.  I also,
changed my 2005 Busa a week ago and got 10,000 miles
from them.  I would have done better, but picked up a nail
on Bay Bridge.  They work well for me.  I ran the Avon's
once and got about 11,000 miles from them.  I'm sure milage is different for everyone.  I ride to SF every day about 114 round trip.  I also do lake runs (twistys) on every Sunday to
keep the tires from wearing only in the middle.  Good luck.
I only managed to get about 5800 miles out of the BT020. Better than the BT56, but not close to the Avon.

Back