Good longevity touring tyres?

Amen!
lurk.gif

(Over_Easy @ Dec. 04 2006,16:15) Friend's Busa just re-placed his BT56 at 7000 miles...cords just starting to show.  I've got 3500 on mine...I'll be lucky to get to 5000.
Mine was bald as a babies behind at 2900 miles. I read some of these threads with people getting 7000+ miles out of a BT56 and I wonder if the tire ferries are visiting them in the night?

If you intend to keep your BT056 stock front tire, by all means, go with teh BT020 Bridgestone. Keep the tires matched. When it's time to replace both tires, you may want to look closely at the Pirelli Corsa. Good tire for better mileage and good grip for a touring type tire.

(Tufbusa @ Dec. 05 2006,14:32) If you intend to keep your BT056 stock front tire, by all means, go with teh BT020 Bridgestone. Keep the tires matched. When it's time to replace both tires, you may want to look closely at the Pirelli Corsa. Good tire for better mileage and good grip for a touring type tire.
Do you mean the Strada? The Corsa is a sport tire.

(bigoltool @ Dec. 05 2006,15:30)
(Tufbusa @ Dec. 05 2006,14
zzwhip.gif
) If you intend to keep your BT056 stock front tire, by all means, go with teh BT020 Bridgestone. Keep the tires matched. When it's time to replace both tires, you may want to look closely at the Pirelli Corsa. Good tire for better mileage and good grip for a touring type tire.
Do you mean the Strada? The Corsa is a sport tire.
Personally, I wouldn't run a Strada on my busa. I'd stay with the Diablo. Great tire and will give better than average mileage. Pirelli tires of any kind are hard to beat. IMO they have the best feel with great stability, my favorite tire of the entire bunch. But for sure, don't mix your tires. If you have a Bridgestone front, stay with a Bridgestone rear. There is nothing wrong with a bridgestone tire. I really like their BTO14. I ran out a number of sets using them on the street and track. I know you are looking for longer life and you'll find that in the BT020.

Just what exactly is wrong w/ running two makes of tires? Each tire runs independently (suspension, freerolling front vs. power rear, independent breaking, etc.).

I've always heard that, but as long as the appropriate sizing and simliar type of tires (compound, speed rating, etc.) are used what ill effects would it have?

my guess is being safe... how it deflects water ect... im sure its all tested in the process... I don't see it being a problem on a bike as long as there the same (type) of tire.....

now on a car different tires all over can piss off a technician
smile.gif

Back