I said i wouldn't do it but

jwcfbd

Administrator
Donating Member
Registered
When I found out that I was going to get laid off from Delta I was to say the least pissed off. Sure I could have moved to save my job but there was no way I was going to do that the other option was to demote to a mechanic helper. This would have ment that I was going to do the same job with less pay. NO Way!!!
Well that was four months ago, no job offers and the loss of my health benefits. So after a lot of thought I called them last week to see what was available. I get to go back to my old department and I even get my old shift back as well. Sure the pay will be a little less but it is still more then I was going to get starting out somewhere else and I don't have to sign off my work.
laugh.gif

I didn't think I would be able to say it but I couldn't be any happier then I am right now. On a good note Delta did just did call back a lot of mechanics so who knows my stay as a helper could be shorter then I think.
I will let you know how things go.
smile.gif

Go to work and show them how devoted you are to your job and you will do alright.

Been in the same deal , years ago . I did the same , took the cut and stayed . U did the right thing !
wink.gif

Funny you brought the whole .....pissed off mechanics for Delta ......thing to the table . Because everytime I board a plane I've wondered if the Mechanics did a good PM on this thing lately . If they took shortcuts , like we do , at work .......planes would be falling outta the sky everywhere !
laugh.gif

The funny part is I know guys that went right to helper position to stay. I got lucky that I had sold my house last year and paid off my debt. I moved back with my parents so I wouldn't have any bills for a while and that is when I got laid off. So for the past 4 months I've done a lot of fishing, went to Maine to visit my friends twice and collected 7 weeks of full severance pay. Oh and I did do a little looking for a new job.
tounge.gif

Glad to hear you getting settled again.

Hopefully the airlines' hard times are coming to an end.

Been in the same deal , years ago . I did the same , took the cut and stayed . U did the right thing !  
wink.gif

Funny you brought the whole .....pissed off mechanics for Delta ......thing to the table . Because everytime I board a plane I've wondered if the Mechanics did a good PM on this thing lately . If they took shortcuts , like we do , at work .......planes would be falling outta the sky everywhere !  
laugh.gif
I'm looking forward to getting back. The planes may be a little late getting back from maintenance but I'm sure they were ready to fly. I hope so because I've been flying on them too.
smile.gif

How does the saying go, ' NEVER SAY NEVER", I learned that a long time ago along with, "DON'T BURN ANY BRIDGES" cause you might have to cross them again
down.gif

I said the same thing about the United Nations after the first overseas Peacekeeping Job I had. Well, that lasted all of 6 months  
blush.gif

Ain't life Great in what it teaches us in the End
laugh.gif

Glad your back doing what you like with Delta
jump9.gif

"OH" by the way, I love to fly Delta to Europe, SO ---- NO Slopy work ---- YA HEAR  
wink.gif

How does the saying go, ' NEVER SAY NEVER", I learned that a long time ago along with, "DON'T BURN ANY BRIDGES" cause you might have to cross them again
down.gif

I said the same thing about the United Nations after the first overseas Peacekeeping Job I had. Well, that lasted all of 6 months  
blush.gif

Ain't life Great in what it teaches us in the End
laugh.gif

Glad your back doing what you like with Delta
jump9.gif

"OH" by the way, I love to fly Delta to Europe, SO ---- NO Slopy work ---- YA HEAR  
wink.gif
beerchug.gif
Ain't that the truth. No slopy work here because I still fly them.
biggrin.gif

Congrats and hopefully things will move swiftly in the direction you want!

Back