Well Delta did it to us today

jwcfbd

Administrator
Donating Member
Registered
Today at work sucked big time.  Delta just told us that we are taking a 10% paycut and that our health benefits are going to cost us an additional $70+ (but not sure just how much more)a month as of Jan. 1, 05.  All and all this is going to cost me somewhere between $500-$600 a month.  The next hurtle will be next month when they tell us if we are going to face a layoff. I don't think that will affect me though because I have 1100 other mechanics under me. Meanwhile our pilots are still making over 40% more then the next highest paid airline and we were #5 in pay.  Delta is after 1 Billon in concessions from them.  
 On a positive note I paid off my Busa a few weeks ago and my house is already up for sale (and has been for almost 5 months).  If I can sell my house I can pay off all my debt except my truck and then move back in with my parents for a little while to save up for another house.  As of now nothing else needs to be sold and I don't see that happening anytime soon.  If it does come down to that the boat and trailer will go first.  All I can do is wait and see what comes in the months to follow.  Until then it's time to stop wasting money and only buy what I need.  GAS FOR THE BUSA.  
firedevil.gif

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1096432394 -->

Sorry to hear about the pay cuts.............................guess I better use my Delta vouchers soon!!!
blush.gif

Hopefully the airline will pull out of the tough spot!!!! Good luck.

Scott
smile.gif

Thanks Scott. I don't see Delta going anywhere and it's just a matter of time until things are back in the green.

Thats great to hear, Nothing like putting your daughter on a 12 hr flight on delta, to then find out they just found out they took a paycut. On a good note, atleast one of us got out of this craphole (Hawaii)

Damn j-dub (as monsta so eloquently put it...), sorry to hear of your misfortune. I'm kinda under the same scrutiny. No paycut, but layoffs. Ever since we merged with Phillips Petroleum we have been cutting back left and right. Retirement benefits aren't as great as they once were, but I'm only 37 yrs old, so I guess I shouldn't be too concerned with that. One good thing about it is that most of those layoffs came in the form of an early retirement with a severance pay package. Something like 3 weeks pay for every year of service. I've only got 15yrs with ConocoPhillips, but I would have taken that deal in a heartbeat. Looking into a new line of work anyway. Anybody out there hiring someone with Marketing and Management degrees. I also have an Associates degree in Finance. Not only can I help make money for ya, I can also count it for ya too...
laugh.gif

Monster, I've been here 6 1/2 years now. They had a major hiring spree in 1998. You're right the good news is in short supply right now.

ralnsplder, Hawaii a craphole?
rock.gif
I've only been there once but I liked it.
biggrin.gif
Anyway everyone I've talked to has the same feelings as I do. We may have lost a little money but we do still have a job to do. It will get done and done right but it might just take a little longer. Oh say 10% longer
laugh.gif
Your daughter will be fine.
smile.gif
I'll keep flying when ever I get a chance to.

BA, It's hard times for a lot of folks and companies are in big trouble all over the place. I hope all works out for you. I have no doubt it will all turn around but it's going to be a bumpy road until then.
Good luck

Damn jw...so sorry to hear this...
sad.gif

I hope the silver-lining shows her face soon enough...good luck with the house and glad the Busa's almost paid off...that should help out some...

JIM! Lets go beat the snot outa the pilots... Good u have a plan, with your talent and experience I am sure you can find work even if it gets worse there. I was gonna say u could apply at Hawaian Air ...
smile.gif

Rain spider where u at exactly?

Sorry to hear about your bad news... Being in the industry myself I feel your pain. Waiting to hear if they Sold the plant I work at Boeing Airplane, Wichita, Ks.... 75 years and now they want to sell and close the doors.

I'm with you Kent. Let's get them.
tounge.gif

KS if they shut down your plant can you goto WA.? Good luck to you and they rest of the guys you work with.

Thanks VABusa and Mrs. Revlis

Taking a paycut really sucks.
sad.gif

The only good thing about not working for me is I can't get fired. I will be looking for a job in January once I finish school, so hopefully there will be something for me to choose from.

I hope it doesn't take long until you are back to where you were at least.

Hope things pick up in the economy for everyone's sake. I've got about 5 years before I have to make a new career decision.

That sucks JW, I wish we were hiring machinists at work.
We're having a meeting today to tell us about how much the healthcare is going to go up.

ralnsplder,  Hawaii a craphole?
rock.gif
 I've only been there once but I liked it.
biggrin.gif
  Anyway everyone I've talked to has the same feelings as I do.  We may have lost a little money but we do still have a job to do.  It will get done and done right but it might just take a little longer.  Oh say 10% longer
laugh.gif
  Your daughter will be fine.
smile.gif
  I'll keep flying when ever I get a chance to.
Yes Hawaii is a crap hole. Yes it is fun if you are only visiting but let me fill you in on a few secrets about it.

1. once you get out of Honolulu and that area most of the rest of the island is like the ghetto. (trash everywhere, even on hwys)

2. There is no place to ride here other then in circles.(can ride around entire island in 3 hrs and thats doing the speed limit)

3. Anytime you want to buy something from the internet, it cost more to ship it here then the product cost.

4. XM radio is not avaliable.

5. all of the hot girls that you see here, are not from here. If you do see a hot girl here, most likely she will be getting on a plane soon and leaving as well.

6. It rains just about on a daily basis.

7. Milk cost about $8 a gallon

8. There is no Best Buy

9. There is no decent place to get a good steak for under $20 for a 12 oz.

10. Noone here knows how to drive.

11. Nothing hear is cheap.

12. Only one suzuki dealer on the island they they suck.

13. Noone from this site lives here but me, so noone cool to ride with.

14. the time zone difference kills me, everytime I try to get info about something in the states, they are closed.

15. Did I mention that shipping here sucks?

16. Ohh and for those of you that listen to country, good luck. the only country station is on AM.

17. everytime you try to buy something here, you have to wait 2 weeks for it to get here, because whatever you want is NEVER in stock.

The list can go on and on. Like I said it is a great place to come visit for a week or two, but then get the hell out beor you can't

My daughter made it safe to here destination.

That's quit a list ralnsplder I can see your point. I still wouldn't mind living out there for a little while anyway. If it ever happens we'll ride together.

Sane_Man I hope you can find a job quick when you start looking.

BigBSBusa like you said let's hope for everyone's sake it get better soon.

Big O hopefully it won't be that bad for you guys.

I'll just be glad in 2008 when I get back to florida. I see a lot of people on here are from there and also Georgia. Then Ill have some good people to ride with.

Sorry to hear, jwcfbd
sad.gif
Things always work out for the better though.
smile.gif

Back