When does it end (Much needed rant)

fast08busa

Professional Pilot kinda sorta
Registered
So over the course of the last 6 months we have been trying to purchase the house we have been renting for over a year. We have worked so hard in order to get to this position in our lives that we could finally purchase the home of our dreams. In September we were working with a mortgage broker that told us that all we needed to do in order to get this home was to pay off our credit card debt (not much) pay off our truck and pay off the bike. He told us thats all we need to do in order for my fiancee to be able to get this house. Unfortunately we have put off finally getting married until we can get this house because my credit is so crappy and we didn't want to screw up both our credit. My fiancee is in real estate and has some good years, and some not so good years. So in three months we managed to pay off over 10 grand worth of debt and really the only thing she has on her credit is the car we bought in July because the car she had been driving was finally starting to wear out. So we pay off all this debt, and when it comes time to get preapproved the broker tells us we need a cosigner.......After he told us all we needed to do was pay the stuff off. So we are referred to another lender and he tells us Oh ya no problem we can get you approved. So last week we get a call that we approved!!! We pay for an appraisal ($500) and she signs all the paperwork to get the ball rolling. So after a week and a half of being approved, the mortgage broker calls us the night before last and tells us Oops, sorry I made a mistake and your not approved unless you pay off your car and put $20k down.......And we are not going to be refunded the $500 we paid the day before for the appraisal thinking we were approved.

I work a job that doesnt pay very well but I work about 70 hours a week in order for us to be more financially secure and help pay the bills while my fiancees money goes towards all this house stuff. I barely see her which puts a tremendous strain on our relationship and the stress with this house is something we dont need between us. I don't understand why we were more than financially ok to pay $1600 dollars a month for rent, sometimes 2 months early but for some reason the bank doesn't think we can pay a $1000 a month mortgage. I am about at my wits end. We love this house and do not want to move but I dont see any other option. The mortgage broker is still working to try and help us get this house but Im not goin to hold my breath. I just don't know what else to do.

Thanks for listening

Fast

Wow, that sucks, man.

Just a few years back you would most definitely have been given that loan. It's a shame that Clinton forced the banks to loan money to deadbeats, which is what precipitated the sub-prime crisis.

I have purchased and sold a few houses over the years. Home Ownership is not what it seems to be. Good Luck !!

Robert

Of what i heard region bank is really good with loans..if u have one near u ..never hurts to try other banks..u never know.

sent from my busa

Well, timing is killing you. Anyone breathing could have gotten a mortgage not long ago. Unfortunately things are 180 degrees out now-a-days. Hold on to what's really important to you and be patient. Your day will come.

And don't believe a word someone gives you. Get everything in writing.

Are you a member of USAA? Ever in the military? They have some pretty good options but sadly the market is really screwed up these days. I'd definitely make pretty strong case about the $500 though, giving approval then retracting it causing a loss of money seems like it shouldn't be legal but dunno the laws out there

The landlord is losing the house one way or another. That isnt an option unfortunately

I am sorry to hear that... Im on my third owner finance and I recommend it over the bank anyday if available.... I hope it works out for you and I would definitely be fighting for that 500 back .... Good luck !!

Sorry to hear about that. Something similar happened to one of my cousins and his wife. They jumped through all the hoops were 1 week from closing when the realtor came back and said "oops sorry we can't sell you the house, the gas company won't give up the mineral rights to the property until NY decides if they are going to allow FRACTING or not" and of course all the fee's and such are "non-refundable" :banghead:

Back