I once thought fuel treatments are just snake oil! boy was I wrong.

Chango

Registered
Let start by saying I try to keep my busa in top form at all times. So I give new things a shot from time to time. Lately I noticed the busa didn't seem as snappy as normal. So I did the sea foam treatment and added to my fuel. Cant say I noticed any measurable difference. So I gave a week and thought maybe the loss is in my head. But I'll give the Berryman B12 chemtool a shot. I have to admit this stuff brought the snap back in my throttle! I cant believe it. This stuff really made a difference. Guess as a sceptic I was wrong. Those who are putting on the miles heck $5 you cant go wrong. I would dare say my mileage might have improved as well.

I use it regularly too. I started with my Honda ST1300, it needed help bad. When it worked so well there I tried it in my Busa too.
It definitely made a heck of a difference. I get it at Wally World for $3.19.

Let start by saying I try to keep my busa in top form at all times. So I give new things a shot from time to time. Lately I noticed the busa didn't seem as snappy as normal. So I did the sea foam treatment and added to my fuel. Cant say I noticed any measurable difference. So I gave a week and thought maybe the loss is in my head. But I'll give the Berryman B12 chemtool a shot. I have to admit this stuff brought the snap back in my throttle! I cant believe it. This stuff really made a difference. Guess as a sceptic I was wrong. Those who are putting on the miles heck $5 you cant go wrong. I would dare say my mileage might have improved as well.
Agreed!

Tried it last week and after only one tank of gas I can feel the difference.

Smoother engine
More snap
More go

Last time I had the airbox off and took a good look at my intake valves and was surprised at how gunked up they were. I tend to short shift and use the torque of the motor so I started holding the lower gears longer. After a while there was some improvement but not a lot.

I tried Techron and the improvement was slight. Used it for quite a while then switched to Seafoam.

I ran half a can of Seafoam every other tank of gas and while it ran slightly smoother with seafoam in the gas it really made no difference in overall performance I could detect.

B12 Chemtool really made a noticeable difference and I will use it from now on. Next time the airbox is off I'll bet the valves are pretty clean. 6 ounces every other tank should keep them that way. And as mentioned above it cost half as much as Seafoam does.

Thanks for the tip!

Thanks for the input! I've tried quite a few different cleaner with minimal results. I have heard the wynns power charge works gelreat buy I haven't gotten around ordering any. I will give the b12 a shot. How much are yall adding to a tank initially?

1 OZ per gallon. I used 6 OZ for my first treatment and will do the same for the next tank. After that I think a maintenance dose of 2 or 3 OZ per tank will keep things clean.

Saw somebody else's post on the Berryman B12 and have wanted to try it for a while now. Filled the tank today and plan to add it before I head out again. Good to hear more positive results.

Add to tank then fill up so it mixes with the gas better.
I agree - however that would/will require you to carry a can of it to the gas station with you.

Sometimes if I'm low on gas and don't have time to go to the gas station I will fill up from gas cans I have in the garage.
Then it would be no problem to add a few ounces before filling (or adding) gas to the tank.

My Busa ALWAYS feels faster and snappy compared to my other bikes so I don't really notice the Busa ever being slow. :laugh:

Maybe I should try the B12 in my other bikes. :laugh: