I was wrong

busa_boy_69

Registered
Well I don't know how many people saw it but a couple weeks ago I posted a thread about does the busa look better with or without the rearview mirrors on. I took them off while I was doing some stuff to the bike and was debating on leaving them off. Well guys I guess I realized that was some squid thinking because I decided even though I thought I didn't use them much I was gonna get them painted to match the bike and put them back on. Well I made the RIGHT decision. The other day here in Ohio it was sunny and 54 degrees when I got home. So I was like piss on this. I took the busa out streetfighter stlye. No windscreen, side fairings, or mirrors on. Well I didn't realize it till i tried it but I use those mirrors A LOT and never even noticed it. Everytime I came to a light I was constantly looking down where the right mirror would be to check traffic behind me only to realize I couldn't. And everytime I busted out some speed I would look down to scan for cops behind me and once again couldn't. Basically I missed the mirrors A LOT and am glad I am getting them painted and putting them back on. Just thought I'd share.
BB69

Very wise there grasshopper.....
biggrin.gif

I agree...I have ridden others' bikes that do not have mirrors and hated it...felt like I was riding NAKED!

there's a word for riding without mirrors and it ain't "smart"...good move putt'in'em back on.
cool.gif

yeah, well put BB. I never like the feeling of some rice screaming up behind you at the lights and you are contempating on how much WD40 is on their brake rotors (to keep them shiny) lol. Mirrors are a must, no doubt about it. You can get some pretty cool mirrors for those looking for something unique. I reckon that blue aftermarket glass makes them even better.

I use to read all the time how Ducatis mirrors were useless and didn't matter because no one used them anyway
wink.gif
. My answer: Sure they don't that's why we all left them on
laugh.gif

Well I don't know how many people saw it but a couple weeks ago I posted a thread about does the busa look better with or without the rearview mirrors on. I took them off while I was doing some stuff to the bike and was debating on leaving them off. Well guys I guess I realized that was some squid thinking because I decided even though I thought I didn't use them much I was gonna get them painted to match the bike and put them back on. Well I made the RIGHT decision. The other day here in Ohio it was sunny and 54 degrees when I got home. So I was like piss on this. I took the busa out streetfighter stlye. No windscreen, side fairings, or mirrors on. Well I didn't realize it till i tried it but I use those mirrors A LOT and never even noticed it. Everytime I came to a light I was constantly looking down where the right mirror would be to check traffic behind me only to realize I couldn't. And everytime I busted out some speed I would look down to scan for cops behind me and once again couldn't. Basically I missed the mirrors A LOT and am glad I am getting them painted and putting them back on. Just thought I'd share.
                                                                   BB69
Yeah that was some great weather we had for a day (wednesday), Sunday was pretty decent also 46. Today aint turnin out too bad 45 if the ice melts before dark, Sunday 45 deg. WHEWWWWHEWWWWW. YIPPPPPPEEEEEEE!

Tried it with my dual-sport and couldn't deal with it. I put a fold-down on it as a compromise.

Back