I Dont know what to Do next!

Have you checked the tipover sensor yet? When you swapped tanks did you also swap the mounting bracket? Did you swap tip over switches as well? It could be upside down.

I'm not sure how to check the tipover sensor.

Is the tipover sensor PART of the tank wiring, coming out of the bottom? if it's not, then I dont see why anything would be different.

Sorry to bother the .org so much, but I'm nowhere near a cycle mechanic>

The tip over sensor is at the rear of the tank on the bottom. It is attached to the tank with a rubber mount (if I remember correctly) and needs to be reinstalled correctly. It has been mentioned by a couple of people already. Just remove the seat and look forward of the battery to see if it is there. It may be laying down on top of the case.
Hope this helps.

When I changed tanks I simply removed the entire mounting braket. The new tank had its own bracket, and Two bolts is easier than Four :laugh: So the tipover sensor. Does it come out of the tank in the same area as the fuel pump wiring does?

Ok, so I changed out the turn over switch with my Original one.

She fires up now! :thumbsup:

However, refuses to rev over 1.8 k or so. It'll idle all day long, just wont ever go above 2k.

I charged the battery, thought mabey the fuel pump wasnt getting enough juice....

I'm not sure what to start doing, I KNOW the fuel pump is not the problem, I just put in a new one. and then swapped with the old (still functional one) and they react identical. so whatever feeds the signal to my fuel pump...is what the problem is. And I have no idea how to fix it.

Ok, so I changed out the turn over switch with my Original one.

She fires up now! :thumbsup:

However, refuses to rev over 1.8 k or so. It'll idle all day long, just wont ever go above 2k.

I charged the battery, thought mabey the fuel pump wasnt getting enough juice....

I'm not sure what to start doing, I KNOW the fuel pump is not the problem, I just put in a new one. and then swapped with the old (still functional one) and they react identical. so whatever feeds the signal to my fuel pump...is what the problem is. And I have no idea how to fix it.

Is the FI light still flashing? If so, you need to retrieve the code and see what the code description is and go from there.

my guess is you bumped the tip over sensor..it sits right behind the gas tank, and if its not mounted correctly or came unplugged the bike will not start...oh and by the way a electric fuel pump will charge the system up fully when you turn the key on and before you even begin to crank the motor over, if its the tip over sensor the fuel pump prob wont even turn on

Ok it is NOT the turn over switch. She runs now, but cannot get over 2k rpms.

I used the seach function on the board. but I cant find out what to do.

Remember, its NOT needing a new fuel pump, just replaced it.

Check your fuel pump relay-it's right next to the starter relay on the left side of the bike behind the tailsection plastic. There is a way to check it with an ohm meter described in the service manual but even quicker is to swap it with the cooling fan relay, located under the left lower dash panel by the fuse box, they are the exact same relay. It cost about $25-35

Back