I need some legal advice

fstbusa

orange peel is caused by excessive speed
Donating Member
Registered
Well around 6 pm this evening an officer of the law rang my door bell and had me sign for this. It was a manila envelope and this was what was inside.

What should I do? I am TOTALLY freaking out. I remember running up to speed that day but just for a few seconds. Should I get a lawyer? Those with big speeding tickets, what happened? loss of license?

I never saw any police or anything so I don't see how they said they deemed the pursuit "too dangerous".

I think I can get outta this. I don't think they can prove its me. There is 1 or 2 other orange busas around these parts.

man I'm totally freaking!!!!!

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112406929 -->

speeding.JPG

OH MY GOD!!! They can do that?
rock.gif
What's this about evading police?? Surely it was one of the other Orange Busa's near by. How can they POSSIBLY know it's was YOU if you were going so fast?
rock.gif
? That's hogwasH! I KNOW you are not reckless. If you need a character witness or something, I know you speed on the DRAG STRIP!! Let me know if I can help in anyway.

- Iowa Busa Brother

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112407830 -->

rock.gif

dude... if you don't get an attorney and DAMN good one... you are going to be screwed... They should still offer you a plea bargain. Generally they hit you up with as many charges as possible, but will drop some... I bet they have a better case against you then you think. ;)

My bro had an issue once... didn't get a lawyer... the outcome was not good and he had a damn good case if you ask me...

They took pictures of the license plate I bet... They state they have you on camera... ;)

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112408020 -->

SO they got all this info from an airplane? Lic plate,etc? TIme to tuck that lic plate under the tail..

cool thanks guys I'll check em out... I definitely need a lawyer...I just don't see how they know it was me. I know of 1 other 40th busa around these parts and maybe one other than has been in and outta the dealership over the last yr.

cool thanks guys I'll check em out... I definitely need a lawyer...I just don't see how they know it was me.  I know of 1 other 40th busa around these parts and maybe one other than has been in and outta the dealership over the last yr.
There may be other orange busas around, but if they have a picture of your license plate number which is probably how they located you, they are going to have a stronger case then you think.
sad.gif

My wife got caught by one of these camera vans and they sent pictures of her rear license plate and a good picture of her driving as well. The ticket was only $40, but I couldn't beleive they could get pictures that damn good out of those camera vans...
biggrin.gif

I seriously don't think they got my plate... I think they just looked up in the directory who in the area owned a 40th busa and my name came up. I'm the only one in town that I know of. I know of one other in a neighboring town 50 mi away and another that may or may not be around. if it hasn't been traded in again.

I seriously don't think they got my plate... I think they just looked up in the directory who in the area owned a 40th busa and my name came up.  I'm the only one in town that I know of.  I know of one other in a neighboring town 50 mi away and another that may or may not be around.  if it hasn't been traded in again.
Trust me dude... if that is all they had on you is looking up any owners in the area with 40th busas, they wouldn't have had enough to file the charges... THey have to have something substantial. As you said, you didn't see them ever, but they saw you...
sad.gif

You can go to the court house right away and request a copy of the police report, etc... on the case. You will need it to defend yourself, pluse you can see what they have on you.

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112408916 -->

that sucks ball if your not just yankin us by the short and curlies..

I wonder about the pursuit part though.. you said you jsut went fast for a few moments.. what woulda been hard about catchin' up with ya?

if you never saw em' how could you be eluding?

I'm calling stink...

Misdeameanor citations don't look anything like that...

No Affiant...

Hope I'm right...

If they have your lic plate no, fair enough,BUT DO NOT PANIC,think more careful about the situation.

1 : You were elsehere that time of day on that date.
2 : Just because they have your plate on camera,does not mean that it was you or your bike (ever hear of people using duplicate plates on their bikes) they do it a lot in Ireland. 2 of my mates have duplicate plates on their Busas. I just hide mine.
3 : They did not catch you.
4 : even if they followed you to your house,they cannot prove that it was you who was riding the Bike.
5 : You can say that you had lent the Bike to someone else,preferably someone who does not live in the states,and there is nothing they can do about it.
6 : DENY DENY DENY
7 : They have to prove beyond any reasonable doubt that it was you, it would not be easy for them to know who was inside the full face helmet.
8 : You can only hang yourself,so DENY DENY

I always run from the police,and would not worry if they came to my door because they can NOT prove anything.

well some of you guessed it.... my best friend played IMHO the BEST aprils fools prank on me. His depty friend delivered the citation and I had previously told him about my recent ride on my new turbo busa. He took advantage of it and took it to the extremes. Had his depty friend deliver the note and actually got ACTUAL county letterhead to print the info on. I was totally blown away and now bow down to him for the best april fools pranks ever. I was totally freaking out.

just some words of advice... don't tell your friends about your kick ass rides if you think they will use it against you.
cool.gif
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112422322 -->

Were you wearing a helmet? If so There is no way they can prove who was riding it. Friend of mine ran from City, County and State cops one night, they got him on radar, while he was running from them at 168. We live in a town of only 10.000 people so it's not like there's another silver 01 ZX-12 around here. They KNEW it was him, everyone in town knew it was him (ain't the first time he's ditched them) but since they couldn't PROVE it was him, all they could do is tell me "Tell Eric to slow down, he's gonna hurt someone on that thing..." So I of course looked him straight in the eye and said "Why officer, I have no idea what you're talking about...." Point is any LEO will tell you,it ain't what they know, it's what they can prove. You might need a lawyer to explain this to the judge, but it'll cost you less in the long run.

well some of you guessed it.... my best friend played IMHO the BEST aprils fools prank on me.  His depty friend delivered the citation and I had previously told him about my recent ride on my new turbo busa.  He took advantage of it and took it to the extremes.  Had his depty friend deliver the note and actually got ACTUAL county letterhead to print the info on.  I was totally blown away and now bow down to him for the best april fools pranks ever.  I was totally freaking out.

just some words of advice... don't tell your friends about your kick ass rides if you think they will use it against you.
cool.gif
laugh.gif
You had got me worried for a minute there bro...
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

Back