legal experts

in my opinion unless you are under arrest they have no right to take any of your personal belongings. As for the gopro it isnt public domain till you post the video. So anything on it they have no cause to view without an warrant.

If you're on the side of the road you are under arrest. It's called a non-custodial arrest. It can turn into a custodial arrest real quick. :laugh:

These riders had pulled over on the side of a road that sees alot of sportbikes. The cop pulls over and says they had complaints about a couple of sportbikes speeding and passing in curves. He takes the camera because he thinks it has evidence on it. The guys said on the board it wasn't them who were acting the fool on the road but they had done some questionably things earlier. I've seen people filming with the speedo in the frame (Loomis) and was wondering if they pulled you for some other offense could they take your camera and really give you a royal screwing.

Well , I certainly hope that's not the whole story, or the true story because that officer could be charged with larceny and then get one heck of a civil action for violating their civil rights under the 4th amendment of the US Constitution.

I have a feeling we're not hearing the true or full story about the situation.

By the way my opinions are just that my opinions. I'm not an expert in anything but messing up. Understand the US Constitution, your State Constitution, your states laws and local laws and ordinances. Have a great lawyer on speed dial. Otherwise ride within the law or very carefully pick a place and time to play because police get paid poorly to catch you and they will.

Well , I certainly hope that's not the whole story, or the true story because that officer could be charged with larceny and then get one heck of a civil action for violating their civil rights under the 4th amendment of the US Constitution.

I have a feeling we're not hearing the true or full story about the situation.

Well, with any forum you rarely get the whole story. That story made me start think since I plan on buying one in the next couple of weeks. I pick and choose where I play but didn't want to get burned later because I filmed myself.

Well, with any forum you rarely get the whole story. That story made me start think since I plan on buying one in the next couple of weeks. I pick and choose where I play but didn't want to get burned later because I filmed myself.

I have the same issue. I hate that my gauges show. Need to figure that one out and all is good.

You have so many idiots posting to youtube. In the story you shared, they get a lawyer and all goes away. I'm not saying it didn't happen but they drill the 4th amendment in to your brain because of lawsuits. Not only does your employers insurance company get sued but then you get sued and go to jail, loose your career, etc. So it may have happened as described but it's doubtful.

I prefer to have my gauges showing in video. There is not a time that I ride without my gopro on. 99% of the time it's in traffic and if anything happens that's not my fault I want it to be able to be seen. Our bikes look fast sitting still and if anything happens all the witnesses will say 'oh he was flying' but my speedo will show I was within the speed limit.

Googled this non-custodial arrest SCARY Has it come to this pat down cause they want to over a traffic stop Would they leave you alone if you told then Police U had TB would they still search

Googled this non-custodial arrest SCARY Has it come to this pat down cause they want to over a traffic stop Would they leave you alone if you told then Police U had TB would they still search

Not sure I understand, but 125 officers have lost their lives this year and we're only seven months into it. There is so much case law out there to protect the rights of individuals. I have never been patted down, but if it happened I would understand. The Terry Frisk is suppose to give an officer an opportunity to insure his/her safety. Find weapons.

Not for kids ---------------------------

Back