I NEED A BIKE

Since this is your first street bike.
ninja250. safest way to go! and cheapest. you get to learn all the basics (maintenance.. etc. )and really good on gas and very light if you almost tip it over...

i started with that.. if you are a big person.. over 250 pounds or over 6ft tall then get a ninja500.

point is.. you want a hayabusa later.. so get something you can practice (used around $1500) on and resell with out to much loss..
smile.gif

as far as getting bored with the 250.. i dont expect that.. it will just be time to improve your riding skills... i got beat by an amatuer racer in backroads.. he was riding a 250.. i was riding a busa.

good luck and welcome to board.

Its all in the wrist, no bike will give you more than you ask it for.

But as a first street bike, odds aere you'll hit something or drop it. So, by used and cheap. That way its no big deal. My first bike was a yamaha secaII 600. Bought it for $1800, sold it for $2000. Even after one minor crash.

Ride a year, at least, on the cheapy bike. Then move on to the bike you really want, can afford.

Of course, if money is no object. By a Busa first
biggrin.gif

well Im going to say GSXR600 only because That was mine
blush.gif
+1 on the 600. That was my first bike too. I also highly recommend the SV650S. Learn to ride and negotiate your way thru traffic first. You'll find that your small mistakes won't be as highly magnified on a 600 or 650 like it would be on a liter or 1300. Remember, you use your front brakes more on street. Unlike dirt riding. But use both brakes always. Also your insurance rates will be a little better after 1+ years of experience with a Motorcycle Endorsement/License. PLEASE TAKE THE MSF TOO!!! AND BUY GOOD PROTECTIVE GEAR!!!

i been ridding for 5 years, i think the best bike is the sv650, i am selling my hayabusa to buy one(for the track and race). anyone that tell the sv650 is not the best bike either they did not ride one or they do not know how to ride.
not thats it not a good bike just never cared for then there fuggin ugly  
wink.gif
  I think a bike has to apeal to some extent in all aspects from how it looks rides down to how it performs  just my 2 cents

<!--EDIT|id_gunnut
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137614002 -->

Whats up everyone. I almost bought a Busa 2 days ago but i wanted to do some research on them first. I new the were fast, and prob not a good first bike, SO im takin the advice all have given through the message board. I have ridden dirtbikes and 4 wheelers my whole life. My fmaily is stuck on honda powersports, and i was wondering a good intermidate bike.
Thanks to all to post!
If your looking for a good intermidiate bike, I would recommend the SV 650....
Welcome!
+1

--Wag--

Never can go wrong with a Honda VFR 800 . Sits about like the Busa with same reactions in steering just not quit as much AXX

I would suggest the SV 650 or the Katana 750. Both are very forgiving if you make a mistake.

Back