I NEED A BIKE

need4quickness

Registered
Whats up everyone. I almost bought a Busa 2 days ago but i wanted to do some research on them first. I new the were fast, and prob not a good first bike, SO im takin the advice all have given through the message board. I have ridden dirtbikes and 4 wheelers my whole life. My fmaily is stuck on honda powersports, and i was wondering a good intermidate bike.
Thanks to all to post!

Whats up everyone. I almost bought a Busa 2 days ago but i wanted to do some research on them first. I new the were fast, and prob not a good first bike, SO im takin the advice all have given through the message board. I have ridden dirtbikes and 4 wheelers my whole life. My fmaily is stuck on honda powersports, and i was wondering a good intermidate bike.
Thanks to all to post!
If your looking for a good intermidiate bike, I would recommend the SV 650....
Welcome!

well Im going to say GSXR600 only because That was mine
blush.gif

sv650s..

enough power to be interesting, and a great great all around bike.

I wish I'd had a sv650 as my first bike instead of a gxxr750.. very forgiving and fun to ride.

Gixxer is a wrestling match in my opinion...Busa can be a gentle giant if treated right...SVs are good, but how long are you going to be happy on it?

Hell Family is into Honda? Good First Bike? I'd vote for the Honda CBR600F4i or less so the 600rr (Less Forgiving).

Otherwise the SV650 is allways a good choice but the New Kawi 650 is really fuggin cool and looks better, all for $6299.

Otherwise, Seriously I'd recommend buying a used 99-2001 GSXR750 or Katana 750. The Kat doesn't get a whole lot of respect but it's a decent cheap first bike, and if you can handle the size of it OK, you can handle a Busa's size no problem.
My .02

ninja 500 or a 250(even better) Can't beat those for first bikes. With enough skillz you'll be spanking people on SS bikes in the canyons of course.

If it's got to be a honda right now knowing that you'll be getting a busa, I'd probably go with the Honda Interceptor 750cc's. The weight of that bike will prepare you for the Busa. If you go Suzuki, Go SV1000. I'm going by your "Intermediate" status. Good Luck!

I dunno about everyone else here but i dont understand how some people would recommend a cbr600rr for a beginner but say that the busa is bad.I have personally taken a 2004 cbr600rr to over 155.The busa is heavy yes however it is also rather stable and i have noticed that on a busa you dont go tossing all over if you are on a bumpy road.Another good thing is that if you accidentally pull the throttle a bit more than you should then the front wont come up like it would on a R1.Ultimately if you have the self control and are a grown up individual then you can get a busa.

Hell Family is into Honda?  Good First Bike?  I'd vote for the Honda CBR600F4i or less so the 600rr (Less Forgiving).    

Otherwise the SV650 is allways a good choice but the New Kawi 650 is really fuggin cool and looks better, all for $6299.

Otherwise, Seriously I'd recommend buying a used 99-2001 GSXR750 or Katana 750.  The Kat doesn't get a whole lot of respect but it's a decent cheap first bike, and if you can handle the size of it OK, you can handle a Busa's size no problem.  
My .02
+1

The 600 F4I, or F3, F2 is a great bike to learn on and keep you entertained for a good while. Those honda's handle so nice, and very forgiving + reasonably cheap!

I would suggest a Bandit 1200S. It has a lot of power and handles pretty nice. Also, the weight is equivalent to that of the Busa.

Hell Family is into Honda?  Good First Bike?  I'd vote for the Honda CBR600F4i or less so the 600rr (Less Forgiving).    

Otherwise, Seriously I'd recommend buying a used 99-2001 GSXR750 or Katana 750.  The Kat doesn't get a whole lot of respect but it's a decent cheap first bike, and if you can handle the size of it OK, you can handle a Busa's size no problem.  
My .02
I'll agree with Rev
so what is that +2 yea thats it

I dunno about everyone else here but i dont understand how some people would recommend a cbr600rr for a beginner but say that the busa is bad.I have personally taken a 2004 cbr600rr to over 155.The busa is heavy yes however it is also rather stable and i have noticed that on a busa you dont go tossing all over if you are on a bumpy road.Another good thing is that if you accidentally pull the throttle a bit more than you should then the front wont come up like it would on a R1.Ultimately if you have the self control and are a grown up individual then you can get a busa.
+1

i been ridding for 5 years, i think the best bike is the sv650, i am selling my hayabusa to buy one(for the track and race). anyone that tell the sv650 is not the best bike either they did not ride one or they do not know how to ride.

Back