I let someone else ride my baby

I let a friend of mine ride my "Busa - known this guy for 30 years - and I'll never let another person ride it again.
He took off and did a holeshot, into a wheelie, and got it up to about 80 mph IN TOWN, in the course of the city block or 2 we were on. Never suspected him to be that wreckless.
Won't happen again.

Pit Bull

...great story Bill! I was reading the replies and thought I'd share my Dad/Son story. My dad had always rode something weather it be a Trail 90 or a Gold Wing. He tried getting my mom into the riding thing by purchasing her a 750 Maxim(I think, or maybe a 650). No luck, she tipped it over during practice for the road test for her licence and just walked away from it-funny. Dad bought me my first bike in '85, a Honda CX650 Custom. He had this goofy Honda-matic thing. He and I took a trip around the state of Montana and into Wyoming on Memorial day in '85. What a blast! I'll never forget it. I will also never forget the last ride he had. He was 81yrs old and in really good health and by then a very experienced rider. He stopped at a stop light and looked down for a split sec and lost his balance on the '86 Gold Wing. As you can guess, it went over and he was unable to right it. He said right there that he was done riding. That had to be hard for him to admit to himself after riding for sooo many years. Every Memorial day I take a trip. Last year I rode to the Black Hills in SD on my Kawasaki KLR 650. This year I will be riding my new Hayabusa somewhere in rememberance. He's the one that got me into riding and I will never forget that. Cheers to you all! Walt

This seems like a story that brings up great memeories for everyone. I guess I didn't think too much into it when I started it. I am glad so many enjoy their father as much as I do.

my dads rode mine.. but it wasn't any big deal he's always rode bikes... taught me how to ride etc. etc. etc.. haha

he rode it and told me about his yammie 1100 full dress bike... again... hahah I remember it sorta from being very small.... mainly the holes it left in the pavement on hot summer days when he parked it...

anyway.. hehe one of this favorite bike stories was going up a hill and passing some 18wheeler on this yammie... said he geared it down to second and nailed the gas and almost flippped it over backwards... haha.. He loves that story.

my little bro (18yo) has rode it also... but he knew that if he did something stupid on mine that i'd do something 3 times as stupid on his brand new 650 vstrom... and I was behind him the whole time.

the only thing he said was ... holy poop.... when can I get one of these?? haha.. few more years newbie .. then you can move up to the big toys.

Letting him borrow it for the day would be one hell of a Father's Day present.
That sound really good...Fill-er-up and give him some lunch money...
evil.gif

Gcal - you ARE nuts for letting that guy ride your Busa!!  I'd crap my pants if someone did that to my Busa, I bet you about had a stroke watching it!
dude has several bikes and if he wrecked it he would give me one of them or else one of us would go to jail and the other to the morg for murder. lol
but the dude knows his sh%t thats why i let him ride it. If any of my friends ever make it big in the stunt world its him. he is bad azz mo fo .

but belive me NO one I mean NO one will ride my bike agian unless there buying it and have cash in hand.

Awesome thread guys. Dad also got me onto this obsession. Rest his soul, he never got to see it progress to this level. Lost him to cancer at 48. But before that, we dirt biked together. Even had my first taste of road rash with him. Dropped a Honda 650 when a kid road out in front of us on a dark road. But it's all good. Tought me respect for the road at an early age. If he were here I'd throw him the keys first day. He would be impressed!!!

I took my Dad for a ride on the back... He would never even attempt to drive it. It was nice crusing another with pops and having a few beers... moments to remember...

Not many I would even dare to sit on my bike, let alone drive it. A bike is not like a car and I can't just loan that one out.

Cloud

Back