I let someone else ride my baby

billbell

Jap is where it's at!
Donating Member
Registered
My dad sits on my bike every time I am around. He normally starts it, revs it, slips the clutch a little and moves about 2 inches, then shuts her down and gets off it. Well, Sunday he drove away on it. He only went around the block on it but he came back smiling. It was the first time I have ever seen one on the street. It was awesome watching it come down the street. It even sounds meaner coming at you. He was surprised by the handling and how easy it manuevers. I'm sure that won't be the last time he gets on it. He is the only person I have ever let ride the Bus. He is 57 years old( I think), not that age matters at all. I'm sure I was smiling like a kid in a candy store when he was coming at me! Just a little something to share with all of ya!

Letting him borrow it for the day would be one hell of a Father's Day present.

I let someone ride my 'Busa once. The next morning the poor guy went to the closest dealer and traded his bike in for a new 'Busa, even though he was 300 miles away from home.:laugh:

Whoa...I was afraid you were going to say that the person wrecked it!

Glad that's not the case, but you should be ashamed of yourself! Teasing him like that! Now, he's going to be asking for the keys all of the time...
laugh.gif

smile.gif

He doesn't have a motorcycle license so he never goes farther then a few blocks. I don't have to worry about him running away with her!
biggrin.gif

Dude, that rocks!  I lost my dad to cancer in September of 03 and not one day has gone by in the weeks since I've gotten the busa that I don't wish I could share it with him.  I don't think he ever rode a bike once, but he was huge into working on cars and engines of all types.  The technology and ability of the busa would've just blown his mind....

Your story made my day dude, thanks.
biggrin.gif

yeah the first time my father rode mine... he told me that he had never ridden/drove anything that has scared him with speed and power. He has had built 10 sec cars and fast motorcycles back in the 70's. He said that the busa terrified him. He said he is scared to gas it in 1st or second gear afraid it will go over backwards.
laugh.gif

Yeah, Pop is the ONLY person I've offered to let ride mine, too. I love my Pop so much that if he backed it out of the garage and set fire to it I'd just watch it burn. Wouldn't say a word. Anything I have is his to do with as he pleases.

Most anybody else can go get fugged. They ain't ridin' MY busa!
wink.gif

No one have ever driven my busa
My father has never asked to ride any of the 5 gsxr's i had previously
I am kinda surprized but since he sold his V65 Magna awhile back(that he bought new back it its first year out) he hasnt riden any bikes

That is awesome. Sounds like you and your dad have a great relationship. Reminds me of my dad...may he rest in peace.
smile.gif

I let someone ride my 'Busa once. The next morning the poor guy went to the closest dealer and traded his bike in for a new 'Busa, even though he was 300 miles away from home.:laugh:
I may be a little poorer after that ride but I never would have known just how good a bike can be.  Thanks again!!

Got lots of stuff I want to do to it but I can't cripple it untill the Warrior is back up.

Give a shout if you need the parts for your bike.

Nice story...My old man has never ridden a MC..and never will, and wishes i never did....but he is prepared for the worse....may i not make him sad..so far so good.
Remember "Brain ----Wrist" and be as defensive as you can be out there on the road............. PaceM.

Great story bro. Can't go wrong leting pops ride the beloved busa

Yeah, dad has never rode, says he's a power/speed freak and can't imagine not hammering away at it. That very thought scares him. So he just stares at it as I come and go and tells me how nice it is. Someday maybe, I know he really wants too.

Thats good story.
Here is mine
Moms boy friend buys new busa one week later he runs in to me. I "say nice bike" he says "wanna ride it"? "sure" I get on with tank top, flip flops, and shorts, pop on his helemt ( yea I was suffering from mild retardation at the time for not wearing gear but) "He says be back in 5 ?"
I say "this bike is quick make it 2" I get back 1 hour later and he is outside with my mom, sis, wife, kids, etc. I didn't know he was out side so i came doing about 60 down a 25 mph street and to my suprise there he was smoking and mad as hell waiting in front of house. I get off and say "I like it a little heavy but fast as HELL" He gives it a once over and we don't talk for a few months.
blush.gif

Opps I guess i pissed him off lol

carma gets me back:laugh:
I let a local stunter friend ride my bike last week so i can ride his r1 and see what the big deal is about with those things. I poped a wheelie 1 foot of the ground to play around and scare him. You know what the fuger does??? He almost 12 oclocks my busa down my own street!!!! I thought he was gonna flip it over but no he rides it like a pro and puts it down soft as hell while I am in front of him watching the whole thing yelling in my helmet dont flip my fuging bike!!!!.
I am still sweating thinking about it.
All i can say is LAST TIME I LET SOME ONE RIDE MY BIKE:D
I got mine back in due time. Now I know what my moms bf felt like at the time. LOL

Btw thats the dude I bought my busa from:laugh:
3 yrs from him buying it new waht a co inky dink
wink.gif

And here is a pic of dude riding his own r1
imagin a busa in the air like that
mad.gif
mad.gif

<!--EDIT|gcal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084261044 -->

mega_wheelie.jpg

mad.gif

Yea i think i was having acid flash backs or something for letting him ride my bike. WTF was i thinking.???

Gcal - you ARE nuts for letting that guy ride your Busa!! I'd crap my pants if someone did that to my Busa, I bet you about had a stroke watching it!

Nice....I'm still trying to coax my dad into trying my busa. He's unhappy with his big cruiser that putts along. He has visions of the ol'days running around on his race prepped Harley. I think he knows if he gets on it, he'll have to swallow his own words about not getting one and buy one.
BT...My stuff is also pops stuff but, burning my "jailbait". Ehhhh....I'd let him do it but the first words outtah my mouth would be.. "I think the 2005's come out in November, I wonder what the color schemes are gonna be?" heeheehee
biggrin.gif

Back