Should i let him get it?

I'm thinking... let him go to with the 750 for now. Plenty enough power regardless. Just my .02

Get the 750. It will last him a long time. Riding a bike on the power-band rather than torque is a better "learning" experience IMO. Torque makes you lazy and softens your skills. Nothing is more dangerous than downshifting on approach to a corner and suddenly finding yourself in the prime powerband just when you blip the throttle...

The 750 will teach him respect and bike control without busting his/your wallet.

It also has more torque than the 600 to get him out of trouble.

The only point of contention - it costs almost as much as a GSXR-1000.

ehhh...

He's a big boy at 6'2" 235. I don't think the size or weight of the bike will be too much of a problem for him. This is one of the main reasons I chose a Busa myself, is because of my size. We're both nearly identical in build.
I've never been on a liter bike, so glad someone spoke up about the way they ride. Not looking for a wheelie king. I am positive he is not a super agressive rider. Would not put it past him though to find a straight flat road once he gets used to the bike.
Funny how all the reasons as to why I bought a Busa have become the very same reasons for him to get one himself; economics, driveability, looks, reputation.
He has saved the money, so he's got the cash in hand to get what he wants (or what I will allow him to get)

Wish I could have found a Busa down here for what you see them for up North. The cheapest deal in Houston was 12,200 out the door. (11,099+TTL+Freight+Dealer setup)
I'd be willing to make a drive to save him 1k on any bike that's decided on.

Thanks for the reply's

IMHO, any bike 600cc or up can kill you dead ... I 1st bought a kawi 636 ... a great bike ... it will do me in just as well as my busa.  

But, if a bike is inevitable for your son in the near future, at his size a busa is best.  I'm 6'3"/250lb on a light day.  I felt too cramped on my 636 so I went up to the busa after one year and I'm much much much more comfortable (especially with my double bubble).

If I was 6' or less and 200lbs or less, I probably would never had bought the busa ... at least not for a few years or until it was paid off.

... and IMHO, being a father myself, I'm not sure I'd let my son get a bike with my help until he had graduated college, married, had kids grown and graduated h.s. ... but that's my kid.  If yours is responsible maybe he can ride without letting his adrenaline get out of control and do things on the bleeding edge of wipe out.

good luck

(Oh! ... you had better check out the insurance ... its killer for a busa ... even though it makes no sense to me ... my busa insurance is twice what I would have paid for a GSXR1000.)

<!--EDIT|nimzondn
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148996604 -->

Back