I kinda regret getting a corvette.

Dude, keep her! I regret getting rid of mine after I moved to Maryland bc of snow and ice... She was paid off and ran amazingly. Don't make the mistake I did.

Can’t keep all of them, at least I can’t. Sold the C6 a few months after getting the STSV and traded the Caddy in for a cream puff Lexus GS350 F Sport. They’re all good cars. They travel well too.

IMG_2985.jpg

IMG_2986.jpg

IMG_2987.jpg

I just happened across this ad...can a Corvette really be worth this money???

It must the the uber-Vette.....

I got the engine back together and running Pretty happy with it so far I bought everything to tune it HP tuners mpvi3, prolink and a wideband. Debating about tuning it my self since I am having an impossible time finding someone to tune it...

I have a bunch of maintenance things to still do (all new rotors pads and brake lines, new shocks front and back and some other small stuff)

Here is what it sounds like un tuned.

My only complaint about my C6 was the heat from the driveline tunnel from the dash all the way to the trunk. I drove mine long distance, hours at a time w/o stopping and I had to run the a/c even on cooler days to keep my right leg from frying. GM should’ve installed more better heat insulation underneath as the pipes ran alongside the driveshaft. I only saw a thin heat barrier that was probably quite lightweight but didn’t do the job. I was tempted to add a better barrier but never got around to it.

IMG_0006.png

IMG_0010.png

My only complaint about my C6 was the heat from the driveline tunnel from the dash all the way to the trunk. I drove mine long distance, hours at a time w/o stopping and I had to run the a/c even on cooler days to keep my right leg from frying. GM should’ve installed more better heat insulation underneath as the pipes ran alongside the driveshaft. I only saw a thin heat barrier that was probably quite lightweight but didn’t do the job. I was tempted to add a better barrier but never got around to it.

View attachment 1678248

View attachment 1678249
I have a lower temp thermostat and my fan comes on sooner didn't notice heat issues. I did heat wrap my starter and the harness and everywhere by the headers since they are way bigger.

I've seen 2 new Corvettes running around here and they are very gentle with them......the roads around here are rough on 4x4 trucks even with the ground clearance I wince if I can't avoid the rough patches and pot holes....

There's more rough patches and pot holes than pavement it seems....
Where are we talking about, is this roads in the US in general? I knew they were having trouble maintaining the blacktop and in a lot of rural areas they are ripping it up in favor of cheaper to maintain gravel roads but I didn't think the degradation had spread to the suburbs yet.

Where are we talking about, is this roads in the US in general? I knew they were having trouble maintaining the blacktop and in a lot of rural areas they are ripping it up in favor of cheaper to maintain gravel roads but I didn't think the degradation had spread to the suburbs yet.
I'm in Canada and generally the roads around here suck....the frost heaves and cracks them leaving pot holes (lots of pot holes).

There's stretches of road that have been horrible for years and each year we are being told they will be re-doing it but never seem to as the money to do it gets pushed somewhere else......

I've been some very rough roads in the US as well-mostly the northern states.

I'm in Canada and generally the roads around here suck....the frost heaves and cracks them leaving pot holes (lots of pot holes).

I've been some very rough roads in the US as well-mostly the northern states.
Oh ok, I just assumed you were domiciled down there. That's bad news about your roads, Canada used to be a real 1st world nation but we should expect it I suppose. It's not like you can build roads out of electricity or hydrogen, it takes oil and lots of it. With the cheap conventional oil peaking out and only expensive oil to keep out wheels turning we'll all be in 4x4's in a decade. It's one reason, probably the major reason I bought my T7. I wanted a bike I could ride the highways and backroads on that could keep up with the lack of repairs.

I remember the roads of the 1970's, smooth as a babies bum, lots of them brand new or only a decade or so old. Back in the day back in the day

I don't really feel like making a new post since this isnt a corvette forum but I got my hptuners mpvi3 and prolink and wideband. I was going through it and its honestly alittle above my head (compared to the busa stuff) my remote tuner went MIA and the semi local want over $1000 for a dyno tune which seems way to steep and I don't know how much I trust them.

Anyone good with hptuners or know anyone that wanna make some money?

Don’t know about trusting them but a grand, for a job done right doesn’t seem out of place. I had a bike set up on a dyno 20 years ago at the Wheelsmith dyno shop in San Rafael CA that cost half that. I miss my 06 C6 ragtop from time to time. What’s yours look like again?

IMG_0007.png

Back