anyone ever regret getting rid of Busa?

Bruiserman

Registered
I have always wanted a Corvette C3 and I have a chance to trade my Busa for a 1980 C3 that is in real good condition (upgraded motor)and with a little bit of $$ will be in excellent condition (decent show car). I am just so torn on letting my Busa go. I love the bike but I love the idea of a Vette. Anyone traded or sold theirs and absolutely been completely disappointed or was it ok. I figure within 2 years I'll be able to get another one easily but still hesitant. Anyone on here ever had on of these Vettes?
Later
B

If you are already having issues I would think you will have issues once the bike is gone.

No, think about that
wow.gif

I can tell from your post you don't want to lose the Busa. So now if you really want the vette the trade is off and you buy the vette. So many on here have the car and the Busa or the bike and the Busa, but that and is always there
SHOCKED.gif

My current Busa is my second one. The first was a 04LE. I made some dumb financial decisions and had to sell it to correct my mistake. I went from Dec of 04 to May of 06 w/o one. I regretted every single minute.

Don

I had to make the decision either the Busa or my Trans am (which I had around 8 g's of performance upgrades in (but don't tell the wife ssshhh)) and I kept the Busa. I miss the car a lot, but I would be worthless in misery without the busa. The way I look at it, 10 years from now I have a resonable shot at finding a used decent condition trans am to rebuild. 10 years from now aint never going to find a cherry 05 le. Just my 2 cents enjoy the bike while you can the car will always be there. The higher gas goes the more vettes and vipers will be on the market anyway. wait it out.

Bruiserman, there are pros and cons to both sides- first of all, how long have you owned your Busa?

I love my Busa but am also a 2nd generation Vette fan. I had an '81, and am currently restoring a '59.. Keep in mind that although you would lose your bike, the car can be driven year-round and it's a real beauty (I love the '80-'82s).

I think if you have had your bike a while and don't get to ride it much, that the swap may be worth considering. It would be diff if you needed to let it go to pay bills or something, but you're trading something cool for something cool. Let us know what you decide, and SEND PICS of the 'Vette!

You can read about mine at 59registry.com. Mine is car #5366. Good luck!

BUSAFETT

I started riding bikes back in the 80's, gave them up for a bit and started building cars in the 90's. During that stretch I always wanted another bike. Now I'm back into bikes. I don't miss my cars too much as I drive one everyday, so getting in the 69 Camaro for a weekend run was like dating the same girl that just changed some clothes and let loose a bit. Having a bike is like a having mistress (that's what my wife calls her). Not to mention, bikes are MUCH cheaper than cars IMO.

I have always wanted a Corvette C3[/Quote]

My thought is that you have less of a likelyhood of getting ahold of one of these Vettes, versus a new Busa. If your Bus is paid off, trade it for the Vette, and then when you are ready buy a used Bus for 6-8k.

It's all about the value of pain. If I had wanted that Vette for 27 years, then I wouldn't even think about it. (Cover your bike's ears, boys... this one may hurt). After all, it's just metal and plastics, nothing that can't be replaced.

Thanks for the replies. I'm still not sure. Might go ahead with it. Chances of getting a Busa in nice shape in a couple years is pretty good. Maybe even the Busa II. Here is a picture of the Vette. Sorry it's so big but it's a nice shot of it.

That is a nice looking Vette. Right color too. red is the fastest color you know.
biggrin.gif
If I couldn't ride my busa though, life would suck. I just bought a new truck last night. $40K vehicle is the most expensive vehicle I have ever owned. Went out to get in it to drive to work this morning and thought naaaa, I want to ride the busa!
laugh.gif
race.gif
super.gif

Hehehe, GSX-Cite, that's pretty bad/good at the same time.
beerchug.gif

Good you rode the busa, bad you're wasting a 40K truck. Hehehe
super.gif

I've been driving cars lately with the daily thunderstorms. Today I took the Busa to work and just beat the storms home.

(Bruiserman @ Jul. 11 2007,20:54) I have always wanted a Corvette C3 and I have a chance to trade my Busa for a 1980 C3 that is in real good condition (upgraded motor)and with a little bit of $$ will be in excellent condition (decent show car).  I am just so torn on letting my Busa go.  I love the bike but I love the idea of a Vette.  Anyone traded or sold theirs and absolutely been completely disappointed or was it ok.  I figure within 2 years I'll be able to get another one easily but still hesitant.  Anyone on here ever had on of these Vettes?
Later
B
<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Slap yourself in the head please.</span>
No Car will ever, I mean EVER, make you feel like you do on that bike.

Want a Vette? Save up and buy one!
argue.gif

Forget selling the Busa unless you are buying another one.

Additionall, I'm no poser, but it does feel pretty good when you pull up somewhere and peoples eyes are glued on the bike! Even other bikers.

This is probably the nicest bike in my opinion.

I have two other bikes besides my '04 LE. The Busa stays and the others can go if necessary

i'm contemplating this same decision myself. I KNOW I WOULD BE DISTRAUGHT without my bike but bills are KILLIN ME. I have an 06 Chrysler Sebring as well and its what i could get when i could get a car cause i needed one last fall and snow as comin. I'm scrapin by each month and its horrible. Only other option I could think of is to trade the sebring for somethin that would lower my payments but thats gonna be hard since i'm like almost $3,000 upside down on that POS

ANY IDEAS??

Back