I just saw the '08 at the dealer and the. . .

drumminman

Donating Member
Registered
While I'm not a fan of the tail section - it really does look like a volkswagen beetle from the 60's - the mufflers just ruin the whole thing.

They're too large and make the back tire look like a 160. although that's a fixable problem I'm disappointed that after paying 11k for a bike you'd have to drop another 1k just so you could stand to look at it.

On a positive note the fit and finish is better.

Apologies to new '08 owners, but that's how I see it.
cool.gif

Went to a local dealer yesterday to try and see what in person and they didn't have any.

Saw one yesterday and was surprised at the rear end not being as ugly as in pics! That bike is like Morgana though. BIG CANS!

Drum, Don't buy one then. EVERYONE who has seen my bike LOVES the ass end and I love it and the entire package so I bought it!
To each their own
You will see more of it then I as you will be behind us trying to keep up!!!!!

I saw it in person and I like it alot better than the pictures. So if you want drum you can buy me an 0* and I will trade you my 07 even up.
beerchug.gif

Everything other than the tail is living up to the Hayabusa name so far . What Brock has accomplished notes merit. The stock exhaust weights 48 pounds , but thats the first thing a lot of guys change anyway . Brock's shorty megaphone exhaust looks awesome but it just doesn't ...I don't know how to put it . It's like the ugly tail is making the AWESOME exhaust look somehow less awesome.

08brockpipe_Chronic1bike.jpg

Drum, Don't buy one then. EVERYONE who has seen my bike LOVES the ass end and I love it and the entire package so I bought it!
To each their own
You will see more of it then I as you will be behind us trying to keep up!!!!!
I don't think "everyone" loves the tail... but what good is a bike if you can not find some area for improvment? This just gives the custom boys something to play with...

I think the original busa had much of the same reviews as I recall... I think "fugly" was used more than once, now the look is as accepted and timeless as any masterpiece on wheels..

So long as Suzuki does not go into this "change it every year" mode, I will be ok with it...

Everything other than the tail is living up to the Hayabusa name so far . What Brock has accomplished notes merit. The stock exhaust weights 48 pounds , but thats the first thing a lot of guys change anyway . Brock's shorty megaphone exhaust looks awesome but it just doesn't ...I don't know how to put it . It's like the ugly tail is making the AWESOME exhaust look somehow less awesome.
48 POUNDS is a lot! Yea, those cans really are HUGE. Next spring I am thinking about some exhaust mods like a carbon Yosh pipe. Does anyone have any idea how many pounds can be shaved with after market pipes/cans ect? Not looking for anything TOO loud but the stock set up is pretty quite, bulky and obviously heavy.

Hey funbob, check out an Akrapovic system, I know I beat this drum a lot but if you want to save weight, the Yosh carbon can alone weighs almost as much as the whole Akro system. They have a system in the works for the 08 right now.

I think the 08 looks sweet. I can't wait to get mine soon. Does anyone know the best and worse dealership in Los Angeles Area? Your input is very much appreciated...

Mark my words !
beerchug.gif
the bulbous blinker sections un bolt from the tail , just like every other bike on the planet somebody will come up with an integrated tail light/turn signal eliminator kit , the cans are huge but just like every other bike they will be ripped off and discarded the minute brocks system is released ! Anyone with plastic molding capibilities should be all over the new 08 tail cause there are alot of complaints and tons of room for improvement , the tail light is already led ?

there are pros and cons with every bike , i am not thrilled with the tail but will deal with it for the other benifits ,gear indicator,programable shift light, no more fast idle / idle adjustments , seamless throttle /no rough areas anywhere , better handling , better brakes and trust me the power increase is no joke , rode my 05 tonight to try to show it some love and even with exhaust,pc3,bmc race filter and 2 up in the rear sprocket , the acceleration just isnt there . one more plus i can actualy see whats behind me in the mirrors , welcome the improvements , the power race is on and will be for the next several years .
bowdown.gif

Before I bought my 06. I didn't think I was goin to change anything. Then after being on here a couple of weeks before I actualy bought it. I knew I was goin to put on new cans. I liked the race look of just having one can. Then one night while I was out in my garage looking at it. I thought that is one ugly wind brake. So I ordered an undertail. With in the first year I spent 1300.00 dollars just on mods.
Anyway back to the 08. I still haven't seen one in person as of yet. But I do think it does look like a VW. Give it some time and I am sure there will be all kinds of new undertail sections you can get for the 08 to make it sweet as hell.

guys... you dont buy the bike to look at the tail section... that the part that everyone ELSE looks at when you pass them by...

An 08 is supposed to hit the show room floor this week at my local dealer, orange/black. No buyer yet. My dealer is supposed to call me when it comes in. Its got me thinking............
firedevil.gif

Thats what I said Sloto - You will see more of it then I as you will be behind us trying to keep up!!!!!
And to reitierate - Everyone that has seen MY BIKE has loved the ass end - we all know that not everyone loves it, so be it.
That why God created diversity - for all to enjoy.....

Back