Is it worth the extra cabbage to get an 08 anything older?

Dangerdog

Registered
currently own a 04 1k, selling it to get a busa and just looking for some feedback from current owners.

Apologies in advance if this thread is in the wrong forum, im new here.

I keep seeing 2004s, 05's, and 06's for what seems like a cheaper price since the 08 hit, and im just wondering whether you guys think the extra few thousand is worth it to get the 08.

Thanks for any help guys, longtime Suzuki rider here from Jacksonville.

oh and sorry about the grammer, typing on an iphone gets frustrating.

Last edited:
thanks guys, there seems to be a wealth of information on here.

Hope to get some good rides in and maybe ride with some of the fools of this board, the whole reason i want the bigger bike is for the long rides to North Carolina (my gf lives there). That 1000 just doesnt cut the mustard for a 6 hour trip on the painfully straight highways.

Hope to get some good rides in and maybe ride with some of the fools of this board, the whole reason i want the bigger bike is for the long rides to North Carolina (my gf lives there). That 1000 just doesnt cut the mustard for a 6 hour trip on the painfully straight highways.

Sounds like the Busa is built with you in mind. Go for an 08/09. You will not regret it. :welcome:

Sounds like the Busa is built with you in mind. Go for an 08/09. You will not regret it. :welcome: Check out the mods. on my post - great for high mile trips.

The economy is going to crap, I say go get it while you still can and grow more cabbage later.

Your gonna think this is crazy. But i have this doctor freind who has assured me if i can get an 08, with a simple slip on exhaust i will be capable of making enough horsepower to travel BACK IN TIME TO FIX THE ECONOMY OMG!!

Pic related.

uncledoc.jpg

Last edited:
I went from a 05 1k to 08 busa and you can't even compare them in comfort. The 08/09 busa is the way to go!

Get the Gen II if you can. But if $$ is a barrier, you will not be disappointed with a Gen I!

--Wag--

Back