Is it really worth it to move from 06 to 08?

umairhashmi

Registered
I really like the look of the new bus and i was doing a bit of math. Realistically ill probably get around 7k or so for my 06 which was 12k miles on it.That means about 4k more for a new 08.How much of a perfomance difference have you guys noticed who have had both a first gen as well as a 2nd gen one?

Sure the magazine editors rate the newer one much faster but lets face it these are usually ex pro racers so their skills are much better than the typical forum member here. How much of a difference did you feel when you went from a gen 1 to a gen 2?

Big difference. Gen II busa's are much more smoother and of course more power that you will definitely notice.
beerchug.gif

Not MUCH !!!! SORRY 08 Guys/Gals !!!!  Mod Your 06. 4 into 1 Pipes (MUZZY) or Something Similar. Power Commander and Get Rid of the REV-LIMITER.  The 08 is Faster on PAPER but Not Worth Getting Rid of the Gen-1.  Just My
2cents.gif
PLUS the 08 is UGLY !!!!!!!!! Except for the Orange and Black !!!

Now if my Bike was Stolen/Wrecked and I had a Choice. I would go with the 08 Only Because it's a NO BRAINER. Newer Model "Why Not" ?
easybutton.png

Not MUCH !!!! SORRY 08 Guys/Gals !!!!  Mod Your 06. 4 into 1 Pipes (MUZZY) or Something Similar. Power Commander and Get Rid of the REV-LIMITER.  The 08 is Faster on PAPER but Not Worth Getting Rid of the Gen-1.  Just My  
2cents.gif
PLUS the 08 is UGLY !!!!!!!!!  Except for the Orange and Black !!!

Now if my Bike was Stolen/Wrecked and I had a Choice. I would go with the 08 Only Because it's a NO BRAINER. Newer Model "Why Not" ?  
easybutton.png
Really???
rock.gif

Everyone is gonna have their own opinion (which is way cool). For me--I traded my '06 for an '08 and don't regret is at all. Much smoother, more power---I just like everything about it. In my opinion---do it---you won't be sorry!

I know nothing previous to the 08 Busa but I LOVE IT. I have never riden anything remotely as smooth and quick as this machine. Plus I have mine in white which to me was what made me buy it
firedevil.gif

2cents.gif

easybutton.png
The 08 is alot better bike IMO, not that there is anything wrong with the older ones. But mod for mod you will be down about 30 hp.

lol, the k8 is not only faster on paper, it will walk away from your 06, mod or not. it is fact. My best friend has an 01 with mods and 40 shot. I can walk away in a straight line and in curves. Yes, the k8 is that fast
smile.gif
and I don'thave the tre bypass either.
Come on down to SC and we can go riding down hwy 11
smile.gif

smile.gif

2cents.gif

easybutton.png
thumb_down.gif
HATER......j/k
laugh.gif
everyone has there
2cents.gif
For me(did not own gen1 busa though) BEST $$$ ive ever spent........But, is it worth it? well thats like asking whats better ford or chevy?........WELL OF COURSE ITS CHEVY
tounge.gif

2cents.gif

I just traded my 08 on Saturday, and I will never look back with regret. The new bike is much better in all ways. The handling is what made me decide to trade it. I had an akrapovic full race pipe and a lot of mods on the 06, and the out of the box 08 blows me away. If you can afford it, go for it. It sounds like you have the nembers all right on a trade. That is about where I ended up after visiting four dealers.
thumb_up.gif

Yes you can spend 3-4K and get engine mods done, but its isn't all engine.... The whole bike is smoother. My Gen1s were great bikes but the 08 is a much better bike. Like going from a cbr1100xx to a gen 1 busa in performance. The Gen II hits the limiter still in 5th.....

A Gen I is still a value for the $ at its depreciated value but the Gen II is the best overall perf for value for $10,500...

I like them both. After about 2 weeks of owning a GenII I can say that it is much smoother all around than the GenI. Feels quicker though I haven't really got on it yet because of break-in.
whistling.gif
The gauge cluster (while not electronic) seems better to me, but I do miss the MPG readout. Haven't tried to take the fairings off, but have heard they are a pain in the a$$. Don't regret the decision to get one though.

It all depends on how you ride...straight line, twisties freak, etc.? Meaning how much/often are you really going to be able to utilize what the 08' offers? If you're a FAST rider and like 0-180+, top end runs and to the edge twisties then the 08' may be worth it.

But for a $4k difference you have the option to install a kick-ass turbo, Ohlins, lighter wheels, brakes and other performance mods that will easily outperform a stock 08' and w/ a turbo spank any non-turbo 08'.

Back