i have decided to buy a busa.questions

gm1300

Registered
i just started riding motorcycles about 5 months ago . on a whim i ran out and bought a honda vtx 1800 .2 weeks later it wasnt enough power so i picked up an 04 yamaha fjr1300
(great bike) i love the fjr1300 and i am keeping it cause of its long distance comfort and hard luggage and 2 up comfort( i put over 12 thousand miles on it in 3 months).

now i am ready for the bike that i wanted since the first time i saw it back in 1999 ,The Busa.i was planning on getting an 04 leftover or an 05 over the winter . i just recently had a bad experience with yamaha on a problem with the fjr where they dont want to make good on the warranty .it seems like all big companies try to get out of legit warranty claims all of the time. i am am now thinking maybe i should just buy a used busa and screw the warranty all together .

my question is how bullet proof/reliable is the busa?
and how is suzuki in general when it comes to warrany claims?
thanks in advance
gary

<!--EDIT|gm1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098897802 -->

what warranty???
this isn't a yamaha stuff don't break unless abused or it was a factory defect.
get one you will be happy

Mine had a bad harness brand new.

local dealer replaced it without an arguement.

front tire dry rotted in under 3000 miles, they wanted to pro-rate it. Again without agrument.

I had an '04 with a bad starter. Replaced starter, battery and lines without a word.

SO I won't worry about how your warranty is: I'd worry about how your dealer relationship is.

Incidentally, according to the documentation I saw, dealer invoice on the '05 new is $9200, MSRP is $10,999. Happy negotiating.

I got my '03 for $9,500.00, I have had no problems, and it has been a great bike. I would recommend it to my grandmother.

Stuff happens and eventually something will break, besides my "04" Busa I have now I have owned 2 other Suzuki's "96" GSXR-1100 and ''00" Busa both had some problems and both were fixed under warreny without question.

<!--EDIT|henryace
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098983038 -->

Back