Does Anyone On Here Own a FJR1300

gm1300

Registered
i have been lurking on this site for a while now reading info on the busa . i am definately going to buy a busa before springtime , most likely the 05 LE.

i was just dreaming on how powerfull it must be .
i am now riding an 04 fjr1300 and wanted to hear how much more powerfull the busa feels than the fjr . i know the busa's wet weight is 100 lbs less and it has 30 more hp at the tire , but i want to hear a seat of the pants feel from someone who owns both.
thanks in advance
gary

I have an 05FJRABS and an 04 Busa. First of all, both are excellent bikes.

The FJR is no slow poke being capable of 11.02 and 125 mph with shaft drive in the 1/4 mile. However, it is not in the same class as the busa.

From 0-60 mph they would be very close, but from there on the busa will walk away. Here are some test numbers:

0-60    Busa 3.1,  FJR 3.2
0-100   Busa 5.4,   FJR 7.2
1/4 mile  Busa 9.88 @ 144,  FJR 11.02 @ 124.08

When I first got my FJR I felt that it was about as fast as anything on the street. But then I climbed aboard the busa. Man oh man!!! I now see why they call it the "ultimate sports machine" As above, 0-60 feels about the same on both bikes. But then the busa becomes a different beast. It feels as though it will never stop accelerating. It is, pure and simple, an engineering masterpiece. You truely have to experience it to believe it.

The 05 LE is sweet. You will love this bike.

Back