Buying a used Busa...Should I get Suzuki warranty?

subzeroheat

Registered
Hello,

I am buying an '04 used Busa with 5500 miles from a dealer. The machine is in excellent condition. I was wondering if it's worthwhile buying a suzuki warranty or not? Any suggestions? cheers!

I would not buy it. If you do mod anything they're gonna give you a hard time honoring it. I just do not trust stealerships. If you have a good relationship with the dealer and their service department, it might be worth getting, however.

Reactions: Zee
typically those are rip offs. dont know how suzukis is. I would say no. most stuff that is going to go wwrong they probably concider wear and tear and wont fix. and other stuff you could fix w/ $ you saved by not getting it. and they charge a deductible of i think 100.00

just remember they are looking out for themselves when they right up these contracts and prices.

what ever the extra would be on your monthly payment just pay to yourself and keep it for maintenence issues
beerchug.gif

Not worth the paper they are written on. Suzuki will not honor their own warranty 99% of the time, why would they honor another?

typically those are rip offs. dont know how suzukis is. I would say no. most stuff that is going to go wwrong they probably concider wear and tear and wont fix. and other stuff you could fix w/ $ you saved by not getting it. and they charge a deductible of i think 100.00

just remember they are looking out for themselves when they right up these contracts and prices.

what ever the extra would be on your monthly payment just pay to yourself and keep it for maintenence issues
beerchug.gif
+1. It's a huge rip off. Anything you take it to em for they're just gonna tell you it's either normal wear and tear or rider error. If you search this forum for warrenty issue threads, you'll find that 90% of the time the dealership doesn't cover it with the extended warrenty. Or even the normal warrenty, for that matter. Even the 1 year is 1 year from date of manufacture, not purchase. I got mine used from a guy back in Sep. 07. He had bought it new in Jan. 07 and when I went to get the warrenty switched to my name, they told me that it had run out in Jan. That means that the original owner, that got it new, only had a warrenty for a month at the most. . . Rediculous. . .

I bought a one year no mile limit warranty (third party not Suzuki) when I got my used Busa. I figure I did not know the maintenance history, treatment of bike by original rider. Was it a wheelie machine, drag or street racer, etc.

I could afford it so I got it is the bottom line. I just did not want to buy it and have the engine, frame, electrical etc go out on me soon after, because then I would be stuck with a broke bike and no warranty. I don't know if the previous owner was a squid or had a history of mechanical issues with the bike. I could afford the bike and the warranty so I got it. I hate warranties, and I don't purchase extended warranties on new vehicles, but that is what I did. Best of luck and whatever you choose be happy, I am.

I got it on my bike, bought it new and added the warranty at the end of the first year. its covered a number of little things, including the stator replacement. I did have to pay some bs even with that but it did save me a chunk of change.

Its all in what you feel comfy with and what you can afford to eat out of pocket within the time frame of the warranty. Consider the worst case what ifs and make an informed decision.
beerchug.gif

Never got it and never will. I'd rather pay extra for something KNOWING I have to pay extra than to pay on a warranty, assume I wouldn't have to fork out as much money, and still end up having to do so.

They can play the "abuse" card for nearly everthing and know it. I've read too many posts here about Zook not honoring the warranty for the 2nd gear issue many of us have had. They simply shout "abuse" and wash their hands of it. And those who do simply got their tranny replaced with a tranny of the same OEM specs. In other words, it won't be long before it happens again.

Kinda like placing a 40 watt bulb into a 60 watt lamp, having it blow in a week, and then replacing it with another 40 watt bulb.

I bought it on mine (SEP)...after a week or 2 I seen the same plan on Ebay from a dealer for half what i paid for it. So I cancelled the one I bought with the bike in the interest of buying the other one and saving $$. Read opinions on the Org. and never did buy it. I would have wasted that $$ because i never had a problem....but my bike also had 0 miles on it when i got it.

They are a crap shoot. Good luck with your decision.

Went through this dilemma myself when buying new...two years later, no problems, just keep up with your maintenance and do it yourself to make sure it's done right.

Back