new busa owner,may have to go with a higher sheild

gm1300

Registered
i got the busa yesterday and love it so far

i was riding an 04 fjr1300 before this so i am so used to riding sitting straight up and having a huge sheild in front of me

i find myself riding the busa in a half tuck and thats where i am comfortable .
lets say if laying on the tank was flat and sitting straight up is a 90 degre angle  i am at a 45  degree angle when i am cruising (half tuck)

i am 5 foot 11 inches tall

i am really happy with the fact that there is no buffeting at all with the stock sheild but once i get cruising at 100 + im getting blasted with wind in my comfortable position(half tuck)

if i try to get a full tuck i cant really get under the stock sheild .

what are you guys experiencing with some of the higher sheilds?

thanks in advance .

<!--EDIT|gm1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113096219 -->

I went riding today with some of the guys here. I'm 6'2", with the stock sheild the wind kind of catches under my helmet. I got to check out and sit on a bike with a double bubble windscreen. (thanks GJ!) I can see the extra height is going to be nice. I'm going to order one on monday.

I'm partial to Sportech V-Flow.

I love my ZG DB. Looks great, and gives a much better view of the guages. Wind protection is great also.

Puig is hard to beat same as the Zg db only a little better built I believe..
wink.gif

Lots of talk on windscreens. For more than what you will get on this thread do a search for 'windscreen' or 'double bubble' or a combination. I have a ZG DB and a PUIG windscreen and think the PUIG is better built and fits better.

I have the ZG sport touring it gets all the wind off your chest and when riding at night around here it gets most of the bugs over you. The down side is people will point and laugh at that Gold Wing windshield that you have on your Busa. I also have the ZG DB that I use most of the time now it does a way better job of getting the wind off you than the stock shield.Both of them could be thicker so they fit into the faring better.

I'm about 6'4" and have the Sportech. I'm not sure how it compares to the DB in terms of performance, but I liked it even better because of the chrome color. Looks great on my 04 Blue/Silver.
smile.gif

You won't believe how much difference a double bubble screen will make if you've never tried one. On my busa it felt like I released an air brake at speeds above 50-60 mph. Combined with my Shoei RF900 lid, the stock busa screen beat the Hell outta me at speeds above 70 or so. With the double bubble it was MUCH better. I can't imagine how smooth a busa with a db would be now, with my better RF1000 lid. I think I could go to sleep at 100+ with that combo.
eek2.gif
wink.gif

I agree with DR1300R, too. I think PUIG is a bit higher quality than Zero Gravity...

I have a ZG Sport Tourer. Better visibility of instruments without having to put my chin on the tank, and much better wind deflection at high speed (I'm 6'0")

I have Zero Gravity Double Bubble on Elenor..... and it has been useful!
biggrin.gif

Back