I hate and love bike dealerships.

I bought my 05 blue/silver back in sept. 05 from a local dealer in chicago, actually biggest suzuki dealer in chicago (chicago cycle center) i ended up getting it out the door for 10,800. I heard people saying if i shopped aorund i could get it for 10,300 but i really wasnt getting that price from anyone.

Now my story was i was buying in cash. First thing they wanted from me was a copy of my license and a buncha other junk. I told the guy i wanted to get a price from him before i gave him all my info cause if he couldnt give me a price i liked we wouldnt be doing buisness and i dont want them sending me a buncha junk in the mail. In a nice way. Well he gives me #### about it so i say wtf and give him my stuff. Now i tell em i have anotehr dealer offering me a red/black 05 for that price, but id preffer blue (i really did) he claims BS and says lets go call teh dealer so i say ok, we sit down and starts saying no way i hear people quote rediculous prices all day yada yada, so i say ok heres the # call him, and he says i got the # here hold on as he russles through more papers. I tell him to ask for and i guess he realized i wasnt BSing him and goes look this is a big new place we have to pay for it we cant just give away bikes (the new place is quite rediculously large). I tell him i have cash on me and i want a blue bike see what he can do. He goes and talks to the manager blah blah blah and comes back and has like 11,998 out the door or something i tell him he is crazy and go to get up to leave. So now hes like hold on hold on, what do we have to give you to sell this bike. I told him get near 10,300 he says no way they can do it. So i get up to leave again and he lets me walk. Im sure i woulda got a call in a couple days, but i wanted my bike now. So i call teh shop literally 5 minutes away thats much smaller and a lil cocky with the customers usually. I tell em whats ghoin on and they quote me 10.900 OTD bike can be there by tomm morning (they would get it from the dealer i just walked out of). So i call back the first dealer and ask for the manager, i tell him look these guys can do this price and i know they rae getting it form you i have cash i want the bike today. He goes ok 10,800 OTD come pick it up. Went and got my bike and got 10% off on accesories, big whoopie i spent 11 grand and saved 40 bux on accesories. They ended up talking me into the free tire replacement thing for the life of the bike for 4-500 bux and somehow i thought it was a good idea. Later i find out form someone else i pay for it up front and they reimburse me later.... GHEY! But oh well i ended up in with the bike i wanted without too rediculous of a price. I paid extra to get my bike that day but im ok with that. So yeah thats my story...

Oh yeah almost forgot my buddy happened to be there the very same day and time looking at a used 02? GSXR1000 and asked for a discount cause he was my buddy and he said we came together to buy bikes from them and the guy siad no way i just kil;led him on the price of the busa. Im sure the salesman got 2 nice comission checks for those bikes!

<!--EDIT|Big Bad BlackSS
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139785347 -->

I'm definitely shopping around when I get the funds in order for a Busa.  Manatrader, what's the name of that dealership in CA?

<!--EDIT|TheAtomicAss
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139786430 -->

Big Bad BlackSS Posted on Feb. 12 2006,04:00
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Im sure the salesman got 2 nice comission checks for those bikes!
[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what 10,800 otd is (dunno what the tax & lic was) but regardless, that salesman did't make any "fat" comission check on you. Dead cost on a '05 was somewhere around 10300. I got mine for 10,500 (before tax & lic).

The key is to find a dealer you want to do business with, and let them make a little. Profit is not a dirty word! It is what makes the world go around! Sure, you don't need them to fund a trip to Hawaii on your sale, but it should be a win-win deal.

There are some dealers out there that should not be in business, no doubt. But there are also those that honestly try to do the right thing. Just remember, without profit..they won't be there to take care of you after the sale.

I am in the business, so I am able to look at this from both sides...it is frustrating to see an individual that goes to buy something with unrealistic expectations...

Just my .02

If you think that they were "basically giving it to you" I would have to agree that they were "giving it to you"[/QUOTE]

I knew that was no deal, that's why I walked, and got the bike else where.  They were trying to give it to me alright! I'de still be walking funny.
wow.gif

Well if dealer price is 10300 everyone around here loosing $. Cause i was i beleive around 97-9800 before tax title n license at 10,800 Out The Door. Another dealer was gonna do 10,300 OTD for me on a red black one in late aug early sept.

Also i forgot to mention a week later i saw the bike advertised for like 93 or 9400 before tax title n license at the same dealer! Oh well. I got the bike and i am still happy on what i paid. They did indeed make a healthy profit on me if they are advertising em for 4-600 less then what i paid em for it!

Oh and when i say this new shop is big i mean it! Look at their showroom, and thats not all of it!!!!!
http://www.chicagocycle.com/index.htm

<!--EDIT|Big Bad BlackSS
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139788133 -->

Found the dealers email from a couple years ago here is the add and email with them:

I'm interested in getting a Hayabusa the price of $8,000 sounds great too. Will you ship to Washington? Where is your store located?

PRICE: 8000 DESCRIPTION: 2004 SUZUKI GSX1300R Hayabusa ,, READY FOR THE SPRING??? Picture yourself on a 2004 Suzuki Hayabusa. Fresh out of the crate, zero miles, and ready to roll. Both color schemes available, Blue and Silver or Black and Purple, these babies are fully prepped and come with full 1 year factory warranty good at all Suzuki shops.

I'm definitely shopping around when I get the funds in order for a Busa.  Manatrader, what's the name of that dealership in CA?
I will look through my old emails and see if I can find it. I know we talked via email and the phone, but it was almost 2 years ago this month. I do know the next lowest store I saw was right in your state, but never called them. If I find it I will let you all know, I do know it was in the Saint Cruz area.

<!--EDIT|manatrader
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140190304 -->

I paid 10208 OTD

That was Tax, TItle, and License transfer included.

That was the first offer they made me (that was below MSRP, and they would not budge a dime from it.

I may have found something cheaper, but it was September and there were not many Busa's to be found, and that was the only one that color.

I think they made out ok, and I feel like it too.

THAT is what makes a good deal......

Oh and when i say this new shop is big i mean it! Look at their showroom, and thats not all of it!!!!!
Yes it is a large place. Was very nice to go in and see some of everything in all different colors. Thats where I bought my 05 too.

I didnt even consider buying from Champion Cycles on Western. I have gotten wayyyy too much attitude from them over the years, to the point of I wont even go there for any reason. Havent been in there for at least four years, maybe more. If theyve changed ownership or management, I would consider stopping in. Their attitude has driven at least four people I know away to buy new bikes and accessories elsewhere.

the prices are close i think your save like 100$ for each year you go back on the busa i think on suzuki.com they have 06 05 and 04 for sale and each within a fiew c's

So i'm not the only one that feels like most dealers are either trying to rip off their customers or just dont have any business sense! I understand the fact that everyone has to make a little money, i dont contest that. What i'm saying is that my local dealership wouldnt even consider working with me on the price of the bike when i had ample proof that i could buy an 06LE for the same price. It really doesnt matter to me, "i just took my business elsewhere" and i feel like the other dealer and I had a "win-win" situation. He told me he was making about $1500CDN on the sale of my 'busa and i did not feel like i was being ripped off. He also threw in 30% off accessories which he didnt have to do, but he did just to make me happy. Now thats business sense. And you better bet your arse that I will go back to him for my future purchases and will recommend him to anyone that is looking to buy a bike here.

Oh well, whats done is done. Now i have to wait until dreaded old man winter leaves so that I can jump on my brand new bike and ride until the tank runs dry!
biggrin.gif

lol, 30% on acessories when some of them are marked up over 100%.

I am with you, though. A lot of dealers would not even give me a quote over the phone. Their loss, then.

I had a simular situation happen.  I went to the dealer that I had previously purchased 2 bike from in the past 4 years. They quoted me $10,999 and they were basically giving it to me since I'm a good customer.
If you think that they were "basically giving it to you" I would have to agree that they were "giving it to you"

$10, 999 is no deal.........
My thoughts exactly...isn't their price in the $9G range w/ a kickback to boot?

lol, 30% on acessories when some of them are marked up over 100%.

I am with you, though.  A lot of dealers would not even give me a quote over the phone.  Their loss, then.
I've been able to talk to the managers (deal with them only over the phone or whenever possible), having been in person to person sales for 11 years, and get a price over the phone but knowing that that you can get them to go lower by walking in with cash in hand.

Just be frank with them and cut out all the BS. Tell them that as soon as you feel like you are getting bent over the barrel (i.e. f*cked) then you're walking out the door. I went to a guy who gave me a quote and I said I'll give you a decision in a couple of days. 15 minutes after I leave he says he can go lower. I'm like, "You fughead, why couldn't you tell me that earlier?" That's when I knew they were trying to play with me and homee don't play that game.

Yes it is a large place. Was very nice to go in and see some of everything in all different colors. Thats where I bought my 05 too.

I didnt even consider buying from Champion Cycles on Western. I have gotten wayyyy too much attitude from them over the years, to the point of I wont even go there for any reason. Havent been in there for at least four years, maybe more. If theyve changed ownership or management, I would consider stopping in. Their attitude has driven at least four people I know away to buy new bikes and accessories elsewhere.
Yeah ive gotten the same thing form them. They are sugarbritches. I just needed a lower # quoted by a shop less then 10 minutes away to help me haggle the price. Worked well. Still paid too much but i got the biek that day as planned, so i was hapy.

There are a couple dealers in NW Indiana that shoot some pretty competative prices. I price Honda East out in Ohio first, then talk to the guys at Xtreme in Hammond and Loomis Cycle in Hobart and they will usually come at or really close on price. Search the net for the best dealer price and find a dealer that will match that target price. I ended up paying $9965. OTD on an '05. Now I see the '06 is about that price too.

Jer

Okay. Let me jump in here.
As a Suzuki salesperson - I have told people on these boards that cost for a new one to the dealer is $9330.
The LE model is only $200 more to the dealer. There are no "kickbacks" to boot either.
Some dealers would rather sit on the bike forever, case in point with the 05 LE, then give a deal. Its rediculous. They are making a small fortune on what Suzuki has made to be the most popular selling bike of all time.

But, If you paid a dollar less then full MSRP then you should consider that a deal.

Hell - the place I worked at wanted me to get a grand in freight and set-up fees on top of MSRP. Talk about "STEALERship". I left because the guy was a ##### that wanted to pummel every single customer who walked through the door with made up fees and bullshit. Not by maximizing on the sale - but abusing the privilege of being a dealer. A big F.U. for just walking in the door - this is why I bailed.

Okay. Let me jump in here.
As a Suzuki salesperson - I have told people on these boards that cost for a new one to the dealer is $9330.
The LE model is only $200 more to the dealer. There are no "kickbacks" to boot either.
Some dealers would rather sit on the bike forever, case in point with the 05 LE, then give a deal. Its rediculous. They are making a small fortune on what Suzuki has made to be the most popular selling bike of all time.

But, If you paid a dollar less then full MSRP then you should consider that a deal.

Hell - the place I worked at wanted me to get a grand in freight and set-up fees on top of MSRP. Talk about "STEALERship". I left because the guy was a ##### that wanted to pummel every single customer who walked through the door with made up fees and bullshit. Not by maximizing on the sale - but abusing the privilege of being a dealer. A big F.U. for just walking in the door - this is why I bailed.
That's exactly why I'll be dealing w/ the Sales Manager directly and let them know as soon as I sense the BS charges and feel like I'm getting fugged, I'm out the door. I have no problem walking out. Numerous dealerships around FL.

I've always read that THE DEALER EXPECTS TO MAKE "AT LEAST" 5% which would put it at ~$9900.00 before TTL.

well its me big bad black ss on my new name, i got bored and went and looked up what i paid on the bike before oall the tax title and license fees. it was $9662.57 Not too bad i guess. They were advertised for a few hundred less the next weekend! Im sure they woulda thrown a buncha random fees on top of that probably though. Especially with the first # they threw at me!

Back