More dealership fun...

We know you wanted to give her your business, bro!
biggrin.gif

Yea, its not the same as the previous one. Ya gotta admit the one above is sweet!

A computerized muffler.....100 MPH? That's insane.... Quick, shift to Ludicrous Speed!

Was it a "digitaly" computerised muffler?? cause if it is i have one that goes a 100 mphs faster than my bike....LOL

Was it a "digitaly" computerised muffler?? cause if it is i have one that goes a 100 mphs faster than my bike....LOL
laugh.gif

And FWIW, I'm assuming he means a pipe and Power Commander, but I have no idea. I didn't ask him for any details.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138842480 -->

I've them for sale... ego brand computerized mufflers... $868.95 to your door.

I found out that a local stealership had an '06 10R in stock so I headed down to check it out. On a positive note the little sales hottie was great. She was flat out honest and upfront about the fact that she knew next to nothing about the sport bikes. She said she preferred riding dirt and knew more about the dirt bikes and four wheelers. She never tried to shoot me a line of shid or throw any sales pitches, she simply said she would try to find out anything I needed to know about the 10 and left it at that. It was absolutely refreshing to run across a sales person, especially one her age (I'm guessing early to mid 20's) that was just cool as hell and not full of sales crap. Too bad this dealership never comes close on prices. I'd love to give this young lady my business if I go with an '06 10. I am going to give them every chance to get my business if I go that route just because of her honesty, but my hopes aren't very high.
wink.gif

Anyway, on to the dealership "fun"... This guy walks in while I'm sitting on the 10 and starts looking at it. He starts talking about his buddy's bike, which is a "Kawasaki 1000 ZR"... Ummm, ok.
rock.gif
Anyway, according to him, this mystery machine has a "computerized muffler" that cost $1000 and "it will go over 100 miles per hour!" OMG!
eek2.gif
biggrin.gif
He said more stuff but I didn't pay much attention after that, of course. It never ceases to amaze me what people say at bike dealerships.
laugh.gif

And on that note, Revlis... God bless you and anyone else who works in a dealership and hears this stuff day in and day out. I don't know how you keep from rippin' heads off!
drooling3.gif
Honestly... The Percoset helps alot...
smile.gif

It's amazing I gotta tell ya, but I also hear some bizarre shid outta salesmens mouths...

Truth be told though, prolly 80% of time, it's piss poor attitudes that lead to a bad experiance. Some folks show up with so much attitude and such a huge chip on their shoulder that it's over before it starts...

It's a pain. But As you may have read in my other thread, I am done with that.
thumbs-up.gif

Please think orange next. Teaser enclosed.
biggrin.gif
What everyone is calling orange on the '06 is the yellow color I saw today... Ummm, no thanks.
poke.gif
You caught it in crappy light or there was something wrong with the sample you saw... Seriously Bro, the 06 Orange is schweet... I bet it was crappy lighting... I've seen the orange and it's good stuff...

Besides aren't you getting a 14 next? A Black one?

I didn't see the article about the new 10's, what did they change for '06? And I thought they just changed a bunch of stuff on it for '05?
rock.gif

Umm, 06 has some "Revisions" including a stock Ohlins stearing damper, some intake work I think, couple of other things...

I didn't see the article about the new 10's, what did they change for '06? And I thought they just changed a bunch of stuff on it for '05?
rock.gif
The entire body was redesigned, undertail dual can exhaust, new frame and swingarm, analog tach with digital speedometer, retuned engine for "more midrange" and "smoother power delivery", Ohlins steering damper included from factory... Basically the only thing that looks the same as it did in '05 is the gas tank, which I'm glad they left alone. I just love the shape and form of the '04-'05 10R tank. Reminds me of a cobra snake head.
wink.gif

Please think orange next. Teaser enclosed.
biggrin.gif
What everyone is calling orange on the '06 is the yellow color I saw today... Ummm, no thanks.
poke.gif
You caught it in crappy light or there was something wrong with the sample you saw... Seriously Bro, the 06 Orange is schweet... I bet it was crappy lighting... I've seen the orange and it's good stuff...

Besides aren't you getting a 14 next? A Black one?
Well, it was indoor lighting, but I can't see that color appealing to my tastes in any light. Maybe it would look better outdoors in sunlight, but I can't see me rockin' it.

Back