Motorcycle Dealers

Techbiker

Registered
I live in Austin, the local Suzuki dealership is about 15 minutes from my house. This dealership carries a reputation for giving bad service and pressure sales tactics to sell new units, I was a target of such a ploy.
I needed to get a state inspection sticker, and I figured, well they can't mess this up, against my better judgment I was going to give them a chance.
I call them up and the receptionist transfer my call to service, after 15 to 20 rings someone answers and says,"hold please"....CLICK....

Screw that place they confirmed their status.

So now I call the Suzuki dealership in Georgetown about a 45 min drive from my house. I get a lady on the phone that asks how she can help and I tell her I need a inspection sticker and she replied to come on in and she get me in.

I walk into the Georgetown Suzuki dealership, was greeted and asked if I needed help, told them I need a inspection sticker, said pull in around back, I met the mechanic and he said no problem, for me to go inside and cool off and he would get me in a few minutes when he finished. While inside I was asked by different personnel if I need assistance, they were all very helpful.
I not only get a inspection sticker, but I bought my son a new Joe Rocket jacket.

These were not super sales people but just people that treated customers with respect and were helpful.

Point is, Suzuki needs to care about the relationship that portrayed by their dealerships.
Good dealerships can make all the difference in return business and word of mouth advertising.
Bad dealerships, well they destroy the consumer relationship, and tarnish the motorcycle experience.

Thats all I have to say about that

I agree 100%. The dealer near me sucks too. They think just because they are the only Suzuki dealer around, they can treat people the way they want. I have a $100 gift card to my dealer and I probably won't use it just because I don't like the way they handle customers. And don't get me started on the geniuses working in the parts and service departments.

I had to go through 3 dealers before I felt comfortable with my dealer of choice(Hinshaw's Motorcycles in Auburn, WA). Caring about the customer and not being bike snobs goes a long way to keeping business. My Wife's bike will come from these guys.

I can't believe it when a dealer is kind of a snob. Like dropping $14,000 on a bike is to little for their attention.

Its a double whammy around here. Both Suzy dealers nearby are owned by the same guy and both SUCK big time for parts or service. They wanted $5.50 EACH for those tiny tank bolts in front of the tank. A couple years back I ordered (had to) some parts and when ONE of them came in I got a call that my parts were in so I rode over to get them. Turns out only one part came in so I had to come back to get the rest when they came in. Once I asked a salesman what the OTD price was on a certain bike. He couldn't/wouldn't tell me until I filled out some sort of application so I asked to see the sales manager. A big sloppy fat guy came up wearing a t shirt over his jeans and said he was the sales manager and gave me the same story about the OTD price. It was just the way they did things around there...

i drive about a half an hour to conneticut because it has better customer service than the one only 10 min. from my house as well. some dealerships just don't care whom they hire, they just want to fill that spot quick and cheap.
guns.gif

too bad,they will suffer over time..
My dealer is Oklahoma Honda/Suzuki in Del City.
Top notch people, always take care of me.
I understand bad dealers, there is one here I walked out of and never returned, 15 years ago.

Well I know about the dealer he is refering to because I work there and there is allot of internal stuff going on inside the dealer ship right now that staff has no control of and let me just say this the guys back in our Service dept are understaffed right now and have allot of crap on there plates and they are doing there BEST to ensure every thing can be taken care of but some times that means letting a phone call go because there is a larger issue on the plate than a phone call so all I can say is if you do not believe me try walking in there shoes before you go bashing them.

Well I know about the dealer he is refering to because I work there and there is allot of internal stuff going on inside the dealer ship right now that staff has no control of and let me just say this the guys back in our Service dept are understaffed right now and have allot of crap on there plates and they are doing there BEST to ensure every thing can be taken care of but some times that means letting a phone call go because there is a larger issue on the plate than a phone call so all I can say is if you do not believe me try walking in there shoes before you go bashing them.
Its not a staff problem, its a management problem that carries over to bad customer service. None of us should have to walk in their shoes for proper treatment of a potential customer. What would they do without (any) customers?

Its not a staff problem, its a management problem that carries over to bad customer service.  None of us should have to walk in their shoes for proper treatment of a potential customer.  What would they do without (any) customers?
I know what you are saying BUT the problem is the Dealer is under a new GM and the New GM is trying to fix allot of bad stuff that has given our dealership a bad name this stuff was done by the OLD GM who was a Douche Bag or Low Life Scum which ever you would like to call him.  So with that said the NEW GM is working his A$$ off to try and fix things the guy is only human and trust me he does care about customers and will go out of his way to make things right for the customers.  And yes if you have never worked in a dealership to see what happens behind the scenes I say shut your mouth and just try walking in their shoes  
ThumbsUp.gif

hahaha.. sounds like the sealer near me. their sales guys are HORRIBLE. they do the same stuff. but their service department is the best ive ever seen. which sucks cause when i drop the bike off for something, i gotta go inside the dealership side of it to kill some time and end up putting up with the sales guys harassing me.

Tech - same deal here... After the nearest dealer made several mis-steps, I now travel over 1 hour to the dealer that treats me well. I'm not demanding... I try to be as understanding and patient as possible but it wears thin after a while so if they haven't the time for me, I'll go somewhere that does.

I have two Dealerships around here. The First One would not help me when I wanted to Buy a Bike last year. I Looked at the BUSA and told The Sales Guy that it was a nice bike. He said "Yes it is" Then proceeded to Walk away from me and Help Someone Else. The Second Dealer Sales guy came up to me and just started talking to me. Kinda Made me feel like I was BS with a Friend. 'Bob Gannon' from ROSEVILLE CYCLE is Now a Good Friend of Mine. I Bought the BUSA and the M109R and The Harley ........... It Pays to Be HUMAN !!!!!!!!!!!
bowdown.gif

Any inspection place will do bikes, in TX at least. No need to go to a dealership...I drive 3 minutes to the oil change place...
thumb_up.gif

I have to ask myself, why the hell is there so much drama in these stealerships?  I mean its not like they were invented yesterday. Why get into a business, or conduct business when you really don't know what your doing? Messing up a taco or burger in the drive through is one thing but making people mad as hell, scratching up expensive paint jobs, twisting off drain plug threads, bagering people in show rooms, and losing sales on $12,000 motorcyles is just plain idiocy. Sign me frustrated in North Florida.

The local Suzuki dealer here has a great sales dept. They are polite, willing to deal and a great group. However, I wouldnt take my bike to their service dept if it was free. In fact, they sent me a certificate for a free oil change and I threw it away. The service dept manager is a complete idiot and should be fired.

Funny this is taking place. What got me interested in riding again, after taking a number of years off, was Hardley Davidson. My wife signed me up to be a secret shopper for Harley. They paid us $50 to stop by a dealer and act interested in buying a bike. We filled out a questionaire about the experience and got paid. Same thing with the parts dept. at another dealership. Act interested in a leather jacket and get paid $35. Harley wanted to make sure the dealerships were treating the customers properly.

Too bad Harley did not build a bike I was interested in.....

Maybe the metric dealers should do the same thing.

Let me tell you about my experience. I had just pulled an 860 mile road trip (one way) and was turning around for the ride back when I noticed coolant leaking. OH, NO!!!
I pulled in to City Cycle Sales in Junction City KS. They sell Harleys, Suzuki and Kawasaki. I spoke to the service manager and told him what was going on. Traveling, engine problems, etc...
It was Saturday morning and it seemed that this was Harley Day at the dealer because there must have been 15 cruisers parked in the service line.
They broke me into the line and checked my bike out. They topped off all fluids, tightend and lubed my chain, and tightened a loose clamp. Josh the mechanic then ran it up and down the road to check it. When he came back he explained everything to me (along with a "G'Damn, that thing is fast!") and charged me a big fat ZIP!
Now, I don't care who you are. That right there is good service!
bowdown.gif

Let me tell you about my experience. I had just pulled an 860 mile road trip (one way) and was turning around for the ride back when I noticed coolant leaking. OH, NO!!!
I pulled in to City Cycle Sales in Junction City KS. They sell Harleys, Suzuki and Kawasaki. I spoke to the service manager and told him what was going on. Traveling, engine problems, etc...
It was Saturday morning and it seemed that this was Harley Day at the dealer because there must have been 15 cruisers parked in the service line.
They broke me into the line and checked my bike out. They topped off all fluids, tightend and lubed my chain, and tightened a loose clamp. Josh the mechanic then ran it up and down the road to check it. When he came back he explained everything to me (along with a "G'Damn, that thing is fast!") and charged me a big fat ZIP!
Now, I don't care who you are. That right there is good service!
bowdown.gif
the way it should be..
clap.gif
clap.gif

link http://www.citycyclesalesinc.com/

clap.gif

Back