Dealership Visit

Jbaby1969

Registered
This is why I don’t do business with my local Suzuki dealer. !!LONG RANT!!

I walk into the dealership and up to the sales desk to find a young lady on her cell phone. She didn’t even hear me come in. I had to literally knock on the desk which startled her. No big deal, it was laughed off as I found it typical of young people.

I tell her that I’m there to order some tires so she goes and gets the parts guy/manager. I tell him I want a 190/50/17 Michelin Road 5. He looks it up and shakes his head at the price.....$359. I told him that couldn’t be right as it’s $130 more than most places. He corrects himself and tells me $229. I tell him I want it and ask about the mounting price. He goes to the back and returns with $100 to mount it even though the wheel is already off my bike and in my truck.

Obviously I’m not going that route. I call Southeastern Motorcycle in Savannah which is 30 minutes away. Lower price on the tire, free install and it’s in stock. I don’t mind supporting local businesses but not when they blatantly over charge for things like this. The city I’m in is notorious for dealers of all kinds over charging and acting as if they are doing you a favor by allowing you to do business with them. It’s completely backwards. Headed to get my tire mounted now.....for free.

Not all dealerships are equal, and personnel makes all the difference. I've routinely driven past my local dealer, and another to one where the parts manager understands bikes and parts.

This is why I don’t do business with my local Suzuki dealer. !!LONG RANT!!

I walk into the dealership and up to the sales desk to find a young lady on her cell phone. She didn’t even hear me come in. I had to literally knock on the desk which startled her. No big deal, it was laughed off as I found it typical of young people.

I tell her that I’m there to order some tires so she goes and gets the parts guy/manager. I tell him I want a 190/50/17 Michelin Road 5. He looks it up and shakes his head at the price.....$359. I told him that couldn’t be right as it’s $130 more than most places. He corrects himself and tells me $229. I tell him I want it and ask about the mounting price. He goes to the back and returns with $100 to mount it even though the wheel is already off my bike and in my truck.

Obviously I’m not going that route. I call Southeastern Motorcycle in Savannah which is 30 minutes away. Lower price on the tire, free install and it’s in stock. I don’t mind supporting local businesses but not when they blatantly over charge for things like this. The city I’m in is notorious for dealers of all kinds over charging and acting as if they are doing you a favor by allowing you to do business with them. It’s completely backwards. Headed to get my tire mounted now.....for free.

I hear you.
2 weeks ago I had my front tire swapped from my zx 14 to the busa.(I dont ride the 14 right now) I brought the busa in the shop and the other tire still on the rim. They charged me 110 dollars to swap the front tires from rim to rim. I will buy my own eqipment and change my tires from now on by myself. What a joke.

Back