Horrible dealership experience.

Sounds like you went in with the "young kid with more money than common sense" look on your face. In the future, do your homework and don't be afraid to walk away. There are dealers all over the country that would be more than happy to work with you and also ship the bike to you or arrange to pick you up at the airport. Forget about the experience and just enjoy your bike. Remember, there are lessons to be learned everyday and just count this one as a big lesson learned.

YEah as others have mentioned, Bike looks great! Be happy and just press on!

I think it is the whole haggling issue that I don't like just give me a price don't try to take advantage by padding the cost with BS. This is why I like the business model CarMax uses.

When we got busapebbles bike I found it on line for about 1800 less than anyplace local. I went in and tried to work with a local dealer. I did not expect to get the full 1800 off and I was willing pay more than I found on-line to save the trip to get her bike. When I told the local dealer I could get the same bike for 1800 less he told me to: "go ahead and get it". So we did. Local loyalty works both ways. Now I will go in to try on gear then purchace it on-line.
Posted via Mobile Device

I think it is the whole haggling issue that I don't like just give me a price don't try to take advantage by padding the cost with BS. This is why I like the business model CarMax uses.

When we got busapebbles bike I found it on line for about 1800 less than anyplace local. I went in and tried to work with a local dealer. I did not expect to get the full 1800 off and I was willing pay more than I found on-line to save the trip to get her bike. When I told the local dealer I could get the same bike for 1800 less he told me to: "go ahead and get it". So we did. Local loyalty works both ways. Now I will go in to try on gear then purchace it on-line.
Posted via Mobile Device
this can be misleading too... a local dealer has to collect taxes (that you are going to have to pay anyway) when a bike is sold.. You buy out of state, you skip that tax.. (for the moment) You go to register the bike and the state now assess your tax that you thought you saved..

I guess I am at a loss on this thread though... did he not get the OTD price he dealt for? he was just pissed at how it was invoiced?

still in your sandbox boots too huh...just walk next time and make a trip.... I bought 2 cars and 3 bikes all from ebay, 2 new and had to travel a little.... well worth it in the end! I know our local boys know to pray on us (military)... sad but true... anyway brother enjoy

Back