I hate and love bike dealerships.

Hadiiz

Registered
As some of you know, my past dilemma surrounding the purchase of a Hayabusa was that I didn’t know the feel of the bike and requested all members to voice their opinions on that matter. I want to thank everyone who posted again because their words made a big impact on my decision.

I decided to go ahead and purchase the '05 'Busa LE (charcoal black) at my local Suzuki dealership. I walked in with two of my friends and we decided to try and get the salesman lower the price on the bike and throw in some riding gear. He ended up reducing the price of the bike by a hundred or so dollars and gave me 30% off the riding gear that I wanted. I became somewhat happy with that offer and told him I would be back the next day with a cheque for the amount of the bike.

As soon as we stepped outside my cousin (who was with us) suggested we check out another dealership just to compare prices. So we all jumped into one car and drove to another city which is about 45 mins away from Toronto. We go inside, talk to the sales guy, and find out that he is willing to sell me an '06 LE for the SAME price as the '05 LE. That just blew my mind! And I couldn’t understand why both bikes were the same price when one bike was a year older.

Suffice to say I went back to my local dealership and told him what happened at the other place and he just said "They're lying, there’s no way they're going to sell you an 06 for that price." So once again I step outside and call the sales guy at the other place, confirm the price with him and tell him that I'm coming there to draw up the paperwork.

Once again, I hop in my car and drive down there again, draw up the paperwork, still can't believe that the prices are the same, put down a deposit and walked out with the bill of sale for a brand new in the friggin crate '06 LE.

I just couldn’t believe the situation, I realize bikes hold their values better than cars but two bikes, the same price, one a yr older, in my mind, should not be the same price! I'm just trying to figure out my incentive to buy the 05
rock.gif
Anyways, I want to once again thank everybody for their support on this board. You guys really are a good bunch. I also realize I have to post pics, which I will, but I haven’t taken delivery of the bike yet so you guys will have to wait. And there will be alot of pix!

/end rant.

congrats on the new purchase looking forward to pics
cool.gif
some places refuse to lower prices and are way above what they should be to start with
wink.gif

Congrats on the newer bike!
IMO,they can charge whatever they want,it is up to you to do the dirtywork of finding the "Best Price".
When it comes to these things,you need not be in a hurry to buy.I did a lot of looking at prices before my final decision..
Funny thing was,the best price I got,I didn't even have to haggle for!!!

Congrads, and I would think if the first dealer thinks he can (and he's probably right because you were going to buy it) sell the 05LE for his selling price. Then why should he lower it, after all he's in business to make money ! The market is probably at a point there, that he knows he will sell it. So as the saying goes, SHOP AND SAVE !!  
beerchug.gif

Grats on the new bike. Samething around here. Local dealer charges MSRP and won;t deal at all. They the ONLY dealership around here. So I did some research on the web and ended up traveling 160 miles to get my bike in Ok. for about 1300 cheaper. Glad I did cause they are a great bunch of guys there.

Congrats on the 06- good job checkin the dealer too.

Now some pics -

Grats on the new bike. Samething around here. Local dealer charges MSRP and won;t deal at all. They the ONLY dealership around here. So I did some research on the web and ended up traveling 160 miles to get my bike in Ok. for about 1300 cheaper. Glad I did cause they are a great bunch of guys there.
Yea, and on top of that, I can't understand how that guy sell as many bikes as he does. Although he IS the only Honda, Suz, Kaw, Yamaha, Ducati, KTM and BMW dealer there  
wow.gif

same issue here... One dealer won't budge... but you drive an hour and they work with you anyway they can... I drove an hour to get my LE and the dealership that is right around the corner from my house had the same bike but wouldn't budge...... It sat for months. I busted his balls everytime I went in.

Congrats on your new ride!!!
biggrin.gif

Congratulations on the new White LE. You will be thrilled to say the least!!!
newbie.gif

One question though,,, is your first name really '/end rant',,, because I used to have a friend in school that had that name,,, just wondering if that is you!?!
idea.gif

Thanx for all the "congrats" guys. I just looked at this from a business point of view, which is, the sales guy at my local dealership just lost a big sale, from a customer who is very loyal to the business that treats him well. I will also make it a Point not to recommand that dealership to anyone else not because he wouldnt lower the price on the bike, but just because he has no grasp of common customer service.
anyways i wont rant again, i promise i'll have pics up as soon as my dealer locates a bike and has it shipped over to him. I'm thinking of calling him and telling him not to open the crate until i'm there.
rock.gif
Once i get there, he can open the crate and i can start taking pictures!

<!--EDIT|Hadiiz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139745340 -->

I had a simular situation happen. I went to the dealer that I had previously purchased 2 bike from in the past 4 years. They quoted me $10,999 and they were basically giving it to me since I'm a good customer. I ended up purchasing a used 04 with only 145 miles on the clock for $8500. Now they wont give me the time of day. The real $hitty part is they are the only one in the area with a dyno.

Mike

heh Hadiiz,
First of all, congrats on your new purchase!
Secondly, what dealerships are you referring to cause i live in Aurora ,Ont and i just bought a 06 busa from
Newmarket Suzuki.
I wonder if you went to the same dealership?

Congrats on the new bike....

Lucky you shopped around....

I had a simular situation happen.  I went to the dealer that I had previously purchased 2 bike from in the past 4 years. They quoted me $10,999 and they were basically giving it to me since I'm a good customer.
If you think that they were "basically giving it to you" I would have to agree that they were "giving it to you"

$10, 999 is no deal.........

heh Hadiiz,
First of all, congrats on your new purchase!
Secondly, what dealerships are you referring to cause i live in Aurora ,Ont and i just bought a 06 busa from
Newmarket Suzuki.
I wonder if you went to the same dealership?
The two dealerships I was talking about are Cycle World in Scarborough, and Suzuki Brampton. And Damn! I didnt know there was a dealership in newmarket! Oh well, whats done is done.

If you find the right dealer they can work with you a lot on the price, sticker on mine was $10,899. I paid less than $9,400 for it and was out the door for $10,000, tax man in WA gets a good chuck of money, sales tax and lic tax, and they say there no double taxation. More like triple if you live in our state!
I owe all to a dealer in CA on the internet selling the bike in the crate for 9,200! I told my dealer that he looked it up and we started at that price, plus the airfare I would had to of spent to get there.

It pays to look all over the country, price to ship a bike is only $400 coast to coast in most cases.

Back