I hate and love bike dealerships.

I bought my 05 blue/silver back in sept. 05 from a local dealer in chicago, actually biggest suzuki dealer in chicago (chicago cycle center) i ended up getting it out the door for 10,800. I heard people saying if i shopped aorund i could get it for 10,300 but i really wasnt getting that price from anyone.[/QUOTE]

Chicago Cycle Center would be the last place I'd buy a bike from. Too gimicky in a 1970's used car lot sort of way...was the dork who's always wearing a gold crown in the cycle trader ads there?
Actually anything that comes out of Chicago is grossly overpriced. If you had travelled about 30 miles east to Extreme Motorsports in Hammond IN. you could have saved yourself about $1,000...and if you didn't like the color choices there, 20 miles further SE is yet another dealer that sells for around $9750 OTD.

Now i tell em i have anotehr dealer offering me a red/black 05 for that price, but id preffer blue (i really did) he claims BS and says lets go call teh dealer so i say ok, we sit down and starts saying no way i hear people quote rediculous prices all day yada yada, so i say ok heres the # call him, and he says i got the # here hold on as he russles through more papers.[/QUOTE]

I've come to the conclusion that most sales droids are 100% clueless and believe the crap they're dishing out on how "we pay XXXX amount for this bike"!

Funny how I have a receipt here showing that I paid $9154.72 for the bike.
Add freight, dealer prep, and doc fees and my grand total was $9749.72.

My favorite sales droid scam is when they act like they're doing you a great big favor by not charging you the freight, prep and doc fees. Instead you just pay one lump sum on the receipt.
pudding.gif

YAAAA!!! I GOT A GOOD DEAL!!!

Of course you just paid taxes on $600 that you wouldn't have had to if they broke it down on the receipt.
smile.gif

I'm definitely shopping around when I get the funds in order for a Busa.  Manatrader, what's the name of that dealership in CA?
I will look through my old emails and see if I can find it. I know we talked via email and the phone, but it was almost 2 years ago this month. I do know the next lowest store I saw was right in your state, but never called them. If I find it I will let you all know, I do know it was in the Saint Cruz area.
Found the dealers email from a couple years ago here is the add and email with them:

I'm interested in getting a Hayabusa the price of $8,000 sounds great too.  Will you ship to Washington?  Where is your store located?

'CIUSHNAS@TECMINO.COM'
PRICE: 8000 DESCRIPTION: 2004 SUZUKI GSX1300R Hayabusa ,, READY FOR THE SPRING??? Picture yourself on a 2004 Suzuki Hayabusa. Fresh out of the crate, zero miles, and ready to roll. Both color schemes available, Blue and Silver or Black and Purple, these babies are fully prepped and come with full 1 year factory warranty good at all Suzuki shops.

<!--EDIT|manatrader
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140190400 -->

The reason they all seem to be such azzholes is because they believe one very simple thing:  "It is morally wrong to allow suckers to keep their money."

There's some good discussion here:  Car Buying Tips.  It's focused on cars but the principles may loosely apply to bikes, too.  YMMV.  Of course, the bottom line is, be informed BEFORE you go.  That's what it means to be edumacated.

--Wag--

when is started shopping for my busa i went to several dealers all of which i have been "friends" with for a couple of years the first dealer is a big dealer ship they are arogant and price for 05 red and black was $11099

then went to my main dealer that i let service my old bike his price was $10099 even though we are friends i was honest with them. that i was looking for the best buy. but before i would buy i would give them a chance to match the price.

Found a busa for $9750 OTD about a 120 miles away went back to the dealer and told him what price i had he told me that he would sell me one at that price.

Even though i was not ready to buy yet he gave me a written quote that is good as long as i buy one this year. done deal if if i find a better deal the attitude of the whole shop as well as they are going to be doing anywork i have done on it i am not going to sell them out.

race.gif
race.gif
race.gif
race.gif
race.gif

race.gif

race.gif

race.gif

race.gif

I didnt even consider buying from Champion Cycles on Western. I have gotten wayyyy too much attitude from them over the years, to the point of I wont even go there for any reason. Havent been in there for at least four years, maybe more. If theyve changed ownership or management, I would consider stopping in. Their attitude has driven at least four people I know away to buy new bikes and accessories elsewhere[/QUOTE]

And I thought maybe I was just being a bit over expectant in regards to customer service. What I don't understand is that how do these guys do any business with that kinda attitude? I wouldn't buy from them even if they gave me the bike 4-500 bux cheaper. I think I'm gonna go with Otto brothers. Seemed like good people to do business with.

Back