I guess its Good by Pro bolt :(

I watched a show featuring the development of the SR71 and how they had to hide the acquisition of Ti from the Russians when they built it as they used so much of it.

….almost as much as Bryan would like to use on RJ.....

SR71 Red.JPG

@c10 ~ #c10BryanTookThisSR71Picture ~ #OnHisCaliforniaTrip ~ #THEoRg *

#YesThatIsMeLoadingUpSomePhotosOnInstagram *

Last edited:
Red that was a cool day at the air field . My best solo motorcycle trip ever , and it was especially made great by you my friend . I will always be great full Red .
I remember the trip and pictures....I could see the Ti drool....

• Haha
Reactions: c10
I just figured the title of this thread out. It's "Goodbye, Pro-Bolt." LOL I was thinking, how the heck is everything good by Pro-Bolt if they screwed you over like that? !!! It's not good, it sucks!

I think I was told years ago that the loyalty points expire. That was when I spoke to the guy by phone. It was good that he was willing to talk on the phone to me but those loyalty points are for the birds. I haven't bothered to log into my account when I buy Pro-Bolts for years. Thats hundreds of dollars ago. I don't bother about the points. I just want my bolts. I really should look elsewhere though. Man I sure spend hours and hours doing a Pro-bolt order already though. You darned sure don't want to order the wrong thing if it takes two weeks to ship and it's too costly to ship back and the bolts cost too much to buy a second time.

so I just placed an order for some ti bolts through pro bolt. Bought a bunch of stuff for the bars. I wanted to match the gas cap bolts they they only sell aluminum and stainless... so I just measure the bolt dive and order direct. Not specifically a “motorcycle” bolt but still grade 5 ti for a fraction of the cost. So anyone want some gold ti gas door bolts ????will ship lower 48???

Just made an order with a lot of Ti and mostly aluminum. I always make a screen shot of my wishlist before I dump it all to the shopping cart. Funny thing, all of the Ti bits were 30-40% more expensive that listed on the ad. Including the $7 shipping fee, the order ended up being $60 more that the total I figured. You can edit your shopping cart after you pay but who's going to do that after hours of measuring and figuring for 25 bolts?

Pro-Bolt offers some kind of reward points for sharing your purches with Facebook. I made it to the second item before I acidentally clicked on the wrong thing. All of the items disappeared. That would have really pissed everyone off to see me post 25 items to FB. I guess it's better off not bothering with that.

More P/M about Pro-Bolts. They're very good bolts but the Ti I just bought----I'm not impressed with the finish and it's too expensive for me to not be impressed. When I bought gold Ti from Pro-Bolt 8 years ago, it was very shiny like a mirror but it was about as dense in color as the less glossy finish aluminum. Now Pro-bolt's gold is a feint stain on their Ti. It's there but it is not nearly as intense in color as their aluminum. I bought some Ti bits from another company and it looked very close to Pro-Bolt gold on aluminum. It is possible to annodize Ti as nicely as aluminum. The black Ti bolts I bought from Pro-Bolt were equally sparse in pigment. They look a gunmetal grey. I sent Pro-Bolt a message griping about it. If you buy Ti from Pro-Bolt, I suggest you ask if they changed their anodizing process since July 13, 2020.

I agree. I didn't use a lot of the bolts I got for my build because frankly they looked awful. I gave about $150 worth of ti to my neighbor as he didn't care about the finish. That reminds me I was supposed to come up with a trade for them!

Back