I did it

GSXcite

Squirrel Master
Donating Member
Registered
Those of you who know me, know I have been in the car business for the last 18 years. 12 of those years was as a finance manager, and the last 6 were selling preowned vehicles. The hours in the car business are killer, with most work days lasting from 8:30 AM till 9:00 PM or later. In the heat of summer, and the cold of winter, it makes for a long day. Although we have Sundays off, and one day during the week, I found that more often than not, I would end up going in on my day off to do a delivery or assist a customer. The hours have taken their toll.

A few years ago, I talked with a friend who was in the motorcycle business about going to work with him. Although I really wanted to, I stayed in the car business For fear of making a mistake.

My friend called me again a few weeks ago and we began talking about a position for me. I,m excited to tell you as of Tuesday, March 18th, I'll be the new finance manager at Shawnee Cycle Plaza in Shawnee, Kansas. Shawnee Cycle Plaza is a Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha and Sea Doo dealer and one of the top Honda dealers in the nation. I have never been so excited to start a new job. I have always wanted to work in the motorcycle industry.

I will never sell the busa, but will you guys disown me if I take a ZX14 for a demo?
laugh.gif

congrats man! i was in the car buisness for 2 years, nowhere near you but it is dffinatlly a diffent job. the hours are crazy.
beerchug.gif

Congratulations.... you can feel from the tone of your post you know you did the right thing.
Go for it and have a great time.

So you'll be setting up a 60% discount group buy on 08's huh?
laugh.gif

Carpe Busa
Mark

I don't know how you guys in the car business do it. Hours are crap--and most people think you are cheating them--even when you're not. Most car guys I know are as honest as the day is long. Anyways--good luck to you. NOW---take a FJR for a demo and let me know what you think. I really want one of these to live right beside the 'busa! Good luck!!!!!

beerchug.gif
congrats Hal. Your gonna love working in the same building as a 100 motorcycles
cool.gif

I'm glad you found a job you can love. we all want on of those
thumb_up.gif

soooo are there org. family discounts
laugh.gif

Congrats to you, Hal! I have in fact been to that dealership and saw my first 14 in person there. Seemed like they were doing pretty good business, but really didn't like the fact that I rode in on a Busa.

Congrats Hal!!! Sounds like a great opportunity, but I'm a bit upset that this dealership doesn't carry Suzuki motorcycles...there goes the "free parts" we could have had
laugh.gif

Have fun tomorrow on your first day!!
coolold.gif

Woo Hoo, Hal!!!

I'm glad ya did it!!

You'll definitely need to get some of them bikes as demos - that way you can offer your unbiased opinion on how the Busa is King!
laugh.gif

Man - I guess I'm gonna hafta get my butt outta bed now and go on some of them Saturday Morning Breakfast rides!! Lemme know when you start doing them!

Congratulations, Hal. I've considered making a like move, but the right spot hasn't come along. I'm both very happy for you and extremely jealous....
winkold.gif

Congrats Hal!!! Sounds like a great opportunity, but I'm a bit upset that this dealership doesn't carry Suzuki motorcycles...there goes the "free parts" we could have had
laugh.gif

Have fun tomorrow on your first day!!
coolold.gif
...but he should be able to get a good supply of Honda Polish now!
biggrin.gif

Congrats Hal!! I just had a conversation the other day about what it would be like to depend on car sales for you money. (King of Cars comes to mind and I get sick at my stomach)

Now I need you to find me a Nicky Hayden Signature Series RC51 (2004 I think)... not really... but I think that might be a "little bike" I'm interested in.

Congrats Hal....I really hope you enjoy it. I remember you talking about it when we went to lunch the other week...All the KC crew should get together and ride out to your new place and look at their faces when they see about 8 Busa's roll up into their parking lot!!!
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

Congrats Hal....I really hope you enjoy it. I remember you talking about it when we went to lunch the other week...All the KC crew should get together and ride out to your new place and look at their faces when they see about 8 Busa's roll up into their parking lot!!!
super.gif
super.gif
drools.gif

Let's do it!
thumb_up.gif

super.gif

So, Hal - will this affect your plans for the Bash or Eureka??

Back