Use the bikes power in 2nd!

<!--EDIT|StageRulz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125813274 -->

congrats, keep it up.
Damn D, sounds like she rides a better wheelie than us!  ahaha
HAHAHA!! Maybe someday!
tounge.gif

SG.......
Always cover your rear brake and practice using it in a wheelie.
It will really help you get better and better!

OK - I'll work on that. I hardly ever use my rear brake and I know I should!!!! Thanks - Hey I hope you get to meet up with us on the weekend of the 17th!!

Yep.......I am really look'in forward to it!
I have a ride tommorrow with my buddys around Lake Cd'A!
But they all use me for entertainment.......they on Hog's and Crusiers!

Most of my friends ride cruiser's as well. I hope the weather holds out because I'm a fair weather rider!!

Yep ......... 1st GEAR is not GooD!
Use the bikes power in 2nd!
Have to disagree with you on this one. Assuming you have stock gearing, learn in first and get comfortable up on one before moving on to 2nd gear wheelies. The bike is moving slower and is more responsive to the throttle in first. OK, that part could be bad if your reponse is to roll on when the front comes up, but if your going to drop it, I'd rather do it at 40-50 than 70-80.

Also, when you are learning, don't slam the throttle closed then open to get the front end off the ground. It pops up quick when you do that and do that and doesn't give you much time to get the throttle right. Get up to about 6,000 RPM, roll off the throttle a little, just enough to interupt the acceleration, then roll on fast. It will come up smoothly and you can use the throttle to keep it however high you like. I usually keep them at about 10:30.

You rock Scootergirl!!!!! In no time, not only will you be doing it one handed, you'll also be steppin off of it and stand on one peg only like this dude:

l1535339.jpg

I've seen alot of wheel standers...but I take my hat off to Dbuas101...I have video taped this man....totally awesome he has passed me doing over 140 mph on the back wheel....and lays it down like a plane does on a runway....In fact last year at the Busa Bash him and his fianace passed me on a wheelie and he went almost a mile on the bike wheel with her on just as pretty as you please.....
laugh.gif

Back