Finally did it.

shadetree57

Registered
This morning I left the house on the busa to go get us something to eat. I got really ticked off with the dogs trying to chase me so I left sorta mad. When I got straight on the road I twisted the throttle a little more than I normally do and the front tire came off the ground. Yep, You guessed it, POWER WHEELIE. I said to myself, I said self, you just did a wheelie and didn't mean to. I know you wheelie pros may laugh but us scaredy cats think it's a big deal. I just might have to try that again. It was sorta cool. OK, I'm done, go ahead laugh if you gotta.:thumbsup:

i'm not laughing.....you're braver than i am:rofl: mine has never seen over 7500 rpm since i've had it:rofl:, and thats a year and 8k miles ago.

congrats,and ya its a bit spooky when your not expecting it.but it make you feel good
this was by accident to:whistle:
busastandup.jpg

Seems to be alot of this lately. It's like taking the first bite of a doughnut. MMMmmm good. BUT then you take the second bite and you discover jelly. Even better... Same doughnut but jelly makes it even better.

Hayabusa's are great - but find a power wheelie and it's even better...

Be safe out there!

Cool, my first one involved a less than smooth shift into second, all at once the bars got really light in my hand.

This morning I left the house on the busa to go get us something to eat. I got really ticked off with the dogs trying to chase me so I left sorta mad. When I got straight on the road I twisted the throttle a little more than I normally do and the front tire came off the ground. Yep, You guessed it, POWER WHEELIE. I said to myself, I said self, you just did a wheelie and didn't mean to. I know you wheelie pros may laugh but us scaredy cats think it's a big deal. I just might have to try that again. It was sorta cool. OK, I'm done, go ahead laugh if you gotta.:thumbsup:

So where is our food?! You said you left the house to get us something to eat!!:laugh::whistle:

I know this feeling well, the first time she got a little light and shaky. Then when I actually tried and was successful I was like YEAH! Then I stopped altogether as I enjoy the tight twisties and not hurting my fork seals and such. But the other day I missed third while getting on her and BLAM there was the sky again, took me by surprise I must say. She is a powerful beast ain't she?
I am not the pro wheelie guy either, but it is a blast to know you can do it when you want to.
Bubba

Biggest wheelies I've pulled were by surprise, I'm not a big wheelie guy either. Usually if I jabbed it below 5K with would just take off in a low power wheelie, above 6K was pretty much the same. First gear and snapping wide open between 5k and 6K would put the front axle eye level in an instant, must have been something about that sweet spot.

Damn I miss my bike.

I did one of those "oops" wheelies on a friends Zx10 last spring. I took of a little fast and didnt realize the front end came up till i went to shift and it came back down. Scary and fun.

Usually around 4K you can grip it and rip it and it should come right up. Be careful my brother :thumbsup:

I had my first unintentional power whellie on the Busa with about 60 miles on the clock. I knew things were only going to get better.:thumbsup:

It took a few times until I realized even a small bump can lift the front wheel.

Be careful! But I am with you on that..... I hit the gas hard ( after 3 teeth up on the back and the ecm tuned) in 2nd....and it went and then snapped up the front wheel 3 feet...I was leaning on the tank and it kept pulling til I hit 3rd and still had it up in 3rd.....from 40mph top 110mph on the back tire! I was like Damn that was unexpected and cool!

Back