Whats Wrong wirh second gear?

Busabrothers

Registered
First of all I think this site is the best thing since "MAGNUM condoms". Anyway, My bike runs strong very strong but when I go into second gear and shoot the gas it acts like its spinning or something and only second gear. Let clear it up a little, I can ride in second gear just as anyone else could but from a good role say about 30mph and then shoot the gas it will take it and then you will feel a snatch and go snatch and go then its out of it. I have checked my clutches and have check the springs. Help Me:please:https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/images/smilies/please.gif

Great website - I agree, but I wouldn't be flattered with your comparison.

Anyway, sounds like you have a second gear problem - a known issue. Do a search and you will find plenty of info.

2nd gear is going. You need to open the tranny and see what needs to be change and also undercut your 2nd gear. This a common problem on the Busa. Ones you undercut the 2nd you will never have that problem again.

Sent from my Hayabusa!

first off we dont allow liars on the site.:laugh:

now for the bad news 2nd gear is shot. need to get 2nd and 6th undercut and new shift fork. sorry for the bad news bro.

Second gear is a weak link in most motorcycle transmissions. I've seen it go out of a wide variety of bike brands, 600s and up. Figure it's something about going through neutral. Whatever the reason, being a case splitter job, it's seldom a cheap fix.

Second gear is a weak link in most motorcycle transmissions. I've seen it go out of a wide variety of bike brands, 600s and up. Figure it's something about going through neutral. Whatever the reason, being a case splitter job, it's seldom a cheap fix.
Thats as true as it gets :bowdown: Take care of 2nd gear and it'll take care of you....on whatever bike you ride :laugh:

All the above. Find someone who knows what they are doing and is familiar with the problem. If you have a trailer, I know a guy outside of Atlanta who can do it.

btw - stop riding the bike until you get it fixed, the worse the problem gets, the more expensive it will be to fix.

Back