I am SOOOOO pissed!!!!

(Shibumi @ Sep. 23 2006,13:48)
(300Busa @ Sep. 23 2006,12:05) Maybe their dyno only handles 100 hp.
Addendum:

The last time I was in this same dealership (did the Buell peg mod
smile.gif
) I was sitting on a Firebolt out of curiousity and the salesman piped up- "That thing is really powerful, it runs about a hundred horsepower". I smiled and nodded, he apparently felt he had to see if I was duly impressed and added "That's a lot, ain't it?!?".

Okay, I tried to be gracious...

I said, "Well no, actually I'm used to more like one hundred and sixty."

He gaped for a second, like he was seeing if I was serious and then says "What do you ride?!?"

"Hayabusa."

"Wow, those things are fast!"

rollinglaugh.gif

smiley_faces20.gif

(chrisjp @ Sep. 23 2006,16:50) ducati dealership localy ...same issue...
To me, that's just goofy. If someone just wants a run, without any bike specific tuning, strap the bike down, take their money, and give them the run. If someone wants A/F tuning or custom mapping, go to a brand specific tuner or a custom shop.

It's all about HD not wanting their customers seeing an import bike on their dyno. That's an honest truth.

(Shibumi @ Sep. 23 2006,13:35)
(Shibumi @ Sep. 23 2006,13:48)
(300Busa @ Sep. 23 2006,12:05) Maybe their dyno only handles 100 hp.
Addendum:

The last time I was in this same dealership (did the Buell peg mod  
smile.gif
) I was sitting on a Firebolt out of curiousity and the salesman piped up- "That thing is really powerful, it runs about a hundred horsepower". I smiled and nodded, he apparently felt he had to see if I was duly impressed and added "That's a lot, ain't it?!?".

Okay, I tried to be gracious...

I said, "Well no, actually I'm used to more like one hundred and sixty."

He gaped for a second, like he was seeing if I was serious and then says "What do you ride?!?"

"Hayabusa."

"Wow, those things are fast!"

rollinglaugh.gif
I think I'm going to try that this week....
SHOCKED.gif

(usn04limited @ Sep. 23 2006,12:50) Ok,
  We got this new Harley dealership here in town.  12 pristine service bays with tiled floor, a showroom the size of a Wal-mart super center and more HD clothes and accessories than you can imagine.

I had an idea this morning and I called them to see if they have a dyno.  Much to my joy they said "Yes we do."  I thought awesome a motorcycle dyno right in my backyard.  The next closest one is an hour and half away.  I asked the prices, $65 for a baseline run and $95 an hour for dyno tuning.  Awesome!!  I just want a baseline run.  So I go to make an appt. and the girl tells me, "We only dyno Harley's and Buell's".  I said, "You're kidding".  I asked her if they would run just a baseline because I didn't want a Harley Tech tuning my bike anyway.  She said the big big boss was there and she went to ask him.  She came back and stated that he said,"No, but in the future they might. "  I told her that was BS and that I would ride my bike to California and pay $600 an hour for tuning before I would ever set foot in the dealership again.

Now I am writing a letter to the editor of the paper and calling one of the investigative reporters for the local TV station.  Depending on how pissed I get, I may pay for radio time to put them on the spot.

Don

Thoughts, opinions???
i work at a harley dealership. and i know for sure i wouldn't want somebody that works on 1903 technology tuning either of my bikes. besides they don't know where the pick up is to clamp onto at the ecm. but we have done some baselines on sport bikes and the outcome was a joke usually around 20-30 horse less than it should be. so just ask your self this. do i really want a tractor mechanic working on my busa. i think you'll figure it out on your own.

jesus, grow up. its their dyno they bought with their money. if they were interested in pleasing the sportbike crowd, they would have opened a big-4 dealer.

Same here..

Only two dyno's in the area are Harley shops, and niether of them will Dyno anything but a cruiser.

(bonedust @ Sep. 23 2006,21:35) jesus, grow up. its their dyno they bought with their money. if they were interested in pleasing the sportbike crowd, they would have opened a big-4 dealer.
There was no need to start that school yard "grow up" crap. When you have been here a little longer you will see that we start all kinds of conversations for various reasons.

For the guy that said "do i really want a tractor mechanic working on my busa. i think you'll figure it out on your own." After you quoted me, read the post I made. It plainly states, I was just asking to get a baseline run done and I stated that I did not want a Harley Tech working on my bike.

I spoke to the owner later in the day. The reason that I was pissed was reinforced by speaking to that arrogant pr!ck. He treated me with the same condesending attitude as his little receptionist. He spoke at me like I was a second class citizen because I didn't own one of his precious Harleys.

That was the reason for the post.

i apologize, but it still seems awefully childish to tell someone else when and how to use their property. what if i told you not to dyno your busa, yet you did? do i have the right to be sooooooo pissed and call you out in a radio spot? no....

as for being here 'longer'...ive been here for quite some time as a lurker. i know how it works...

Business is money , You start turning down money and pretty soon you'll be out of business . Sure Harley has a bar-hopping , badass wannabe following but the real motorcycle enthusiust is more informed now and there are a lot of bikes that are more reliable and make more HP in the cruiser class these days for a lot less than the 20-25 grand those things sell for.

They might actually learn something if they threw it up on the dynojet!
I used to compete in HP Harley shoot-outs and one time a kid showed up with his rice rocket during a competition,and they gladly threw it up there!
They charged him for the run,but they **** their pants when they printed out the graph!!!
All the Harley dudes were blown away....

I don't blame you for being upset.

From a strictly legal standpoint, it's his shop and his property - if he wants to turn away business, he can. Because it's his property, doing burnouts (or any other form of protest) on site can only hurt you - probably in the wallet.

Now, having said all that, it ranks as one of the dumbest business decisions I've heard lately. I predict his attitude will either have to change or he'll soon be losing money (and wondering why).

We all ride. Some of us just ride faster.

beerchug.gif

Don, I wouldn't let one of those potato mechanics near your bike....probably recruited most of them from Williams Tractor over on 540.....

Back