Battle of the Tuners!

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
not a likely thing to ever see happen but you just never know...

Line up interested tuners for a battle of the bands competition..

Same bike, same starting parameters and 1 hour to do your thing..

Bike arrives your shop with a baseline map and gets initial pull and the zero line is set

you get one hour on the bike to build a map for the best improvement..

The only thing you can work is the tuning ... no fuels etc and I bet the best guys are all within 1% (and that would not account for variations in the dyno, so would be not really very conclusive but you would know who knows thir stuff right?)

at the end, you make your final pull and the difference from baseline pull to final pull is measured... HP would not be disclosed.. only the gains..

Trick is someone willing to take 10 days or so to run around and play dyno mule ..

I was thinking all interested in this could meet at one shop but I think that would give the shop owner an unfair advantage if he was competing..

(then we start a side bet on the winner :whistle: ) :)

Last edited:
take it to a bike week with a mobile dyno. kinda like the dynomax power to the wheels competition was.

I am in blind folded just give me the numbers on the screen and type. Its all math.

take it to a bike week with a mobile dyno. kinda like the dynomax power to the wheels competition was.
Hey if people are willing to watch guys berate each other for an hour at a time (OCC show)

I bet they would watch the tuners all talking smack for an hour too... :rofl:

She is game for anything and if they use my shop they can blind-fold me to be fair just need my best typist ready it could be a secretary for all I care, lets tune man.

so it would just be who can get the highest peak number on a dyno ??? May I suggest the focus be on the average gain across a specific rpm range instead. All would use the same SAE correction standard.

can they play with bike position, tire pressure, strap location, etc :laugh:

I like the idea you have but I can see there never being a clear "winner".

I just decided to be like everybody else this winter. Now is a good time. Turning 41 next month. :laugh:

so it would just be who can get the highest peak number on a dyno ??? May I suggest the focus be on the average gain across a specific rpm range instead. All would use the same SAE correction standard.

can they play with bike position, tire pressure, strap location, etc :laugh:

I like the idea you have but I can see there never being a clear "winner".
yes absolutely, an overall gain would be great.. take readings at every 500 rpm over the test range? assign the + or - to each point and tally the totals...

Winner: I think I would be dissapointed if there was a single "clear cut" winner.. what I would like to see is that "most" tuners are on the same page of skill and ability.. (hence the 1% prediction)... You would have a "winner" but margin of victory? I bet is small, really small...

Last edited:
yes absolutely, an overall gain would be great.. take readings at every 500 rpm over the test range? assign the + or - to each point and tally the totals...

Winner: I think I would be dissapointed if there was a single "clear cut" winner.. what I would like to see is that "most" tuners are on the same page of skill and ability.. (hence the 1% prediction)... You would have a "winner" but margin of victory? I bet is small, really small...
Depends on who shows up this is my invite list:

BROCK
Kevin of KWS
Joe Haugh
Coby Adams
Rickey Gadson (sure to bring out the big guns)
Cecil Tower
Amar Bazzaz
Walter :"Tunerracer"
Johnny Cheeese
IVAN Mr. TRE

oh me....

Depends on who shows up this is my invite list:

BROCK
Kevin of KWS
Joe Haugh
Coby Adams
Rickey Gadson (sure to bring out the big guns)
Cecil Tower
Amar Bazzaz
Walter :"Tunerracer"
Johnny Cheeese
IVAN Mr. TRE

oh me....

Lets take it one step further and have Gadson take every bike on a 1/4 mile run to have another category winner....on paper/dyno and on the strip.

Lets take it one step further and have Gadson take every bike on a 1/4 mile run to have another category winner....on paper/dyno and on the strip.
Clutch is he can't know who's tune it is but gets cash for reaching a 9.0 dial in or better on every pass. That would be worth watching. I know me and him will run 9'0 s all day long.

Back