I am SOOOOO pissed!!!!

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Ok,
We got this new Harley dealership here in town. 12 pristine service bays with tiled floor, a showroom the size of a Wal-mart super center and more HD clothes and accessories than you can imagine.

I had an idea this morning and I called them to see if they have a dyno. Much to my joy they said "Yes we do." I thought awesome a motorcycle dyno right in my backyard. The next closest one is an hour and half away. I asked the prices, $65 for a baseline run and $95 an hour for dyno tuning. Awesome!! I just want a baseline run. So I go to make an appt. and the girl tells me, "We only dyno Harley's and Buell's". I said, "You're kidding". I asked her if they would run just a baseline because I didn't want a Harley Tech tuning my bike anyway. She said the big big boss was there and she went to ask him. She came back and stated that he said,"No, but in the future they might. " I told her that was BS and that I would ride my bike to California and pay $600 an hour for tuning before I would ever set foot in the dealership again.

Now I am writing a letter to the editor of the paper and calling one of the investigative reporters for the local TV station. Depending on how pissed I get, I may pay for radio time to put them on the spot.

Don

Thoughts, opinions???

$ is $ should not matter what the bike is. I would find out who owns the store and write them a letter. Maybe it is their rule....maybe they would like to know they are turing away easy money.

Get'em Don

I have found that Harley dealerships are normally so money hungry that they don't like to wheel and deal on their inventory. Taking that another step further, I would think that they would surely want to do a baseline run on any type of bike just to bring in the money. And the $65.00 sounds pretty cheap as normally their labor rates start at over $80.00 an hour.

What a vessel of Excrement! There is a harley Dealer near me (Skagit ...Hate em) that (literally) wont even talk to you unless you are looking to buy a 20,000 dollar pile of crap! There is a brand new dealership about 3 minutes from work that a buddy of mine (and a long time Harley rider who finally saw the light and bought a BMW after his Hog stranded him on his way to sturgis) goes into. Thi sguy waited for half an hour for a salesman to come and talk to him. But since he rode in on a BMW they wouldn't waste their time on him. Just another reason to hate Harley. Much as I try to like their bikes, I cannot and there dealers are making it even harder!
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

The real reason is prolly because if somehow anyone actually witnessed the HP coming off the back tire,they would either be ready to sell their Hardly or forget buying one altogether......
And I have been into Harley's for a long time,till I fell in love with my busa!

I have not really any desire to ride my other 2 bikes now!

ooooh, bummer. I won't tell you I just got 4 dyno pulls for $45 at the track
biggrin.gif

(brendanp @ Sep. 23 2006,14:05) The real reason is prolly because if somehow anyone actually witnessed the HP coming off the back tire,they would either be ready to sell their Hardly or forget buying one altogether......
And I have been into Harley's for a long time,till I fell in love with my busa!

I have not really any desire to ride my other 2 bikes now!
Your post made me think. I have not had my Harley out since the second week of July!

they prolly dont want other harley riders to see sport bikes in garage
you know they are like an exclusive group or something.
prolly why most dont wave either , b@stards
i wave to anyone on 2 wheels w/ a motor
smile.gif

hahaha i would tell them to take thir oil leakers and put them up their arse

or a help wanted sign in front of their building something like 4 people to clean shop and must know how to use oil dry

Why don't you pull up to the very front of their dealership and do a wailing burnout, leaving a fat patch of Suzuki-powered rubber across the front where everyone will see and remember.

Chances are their Dyno can't handle the horsepower and the "Techs" Wouldn't really know how to hook it up properly. Their "No" was more likely a blessing in disguise. They have a LOT of reasons for denying your dyno run. Most have already been mentioned. They don't have the skill or knowledge to work on anything with technology. They JUST came out with their version of the PC last year. They are admittedly still in the dark ages. That's why they remain to be the absolute slowest motorcycles made.

Don't bother with the letters to the editor or the radio spot. The Harley diehards will actually like that they refused you and they will get free adversing out of it.

Why bother writing any letters or waste your time being upset about it. They don't want your money then screw them. You are letting them get the better of you. Just have a beer and forget about. Most of the guys I ride with are Harley guys and the dealers treat them like crap too. I just don't get it and never will. My Zuki dealer treats my like a king. I go to the Harley dealer every chance I get with my buddies and wear my Busa or Zuki t-shirts LOL.

They told you up front "no". Why worry about it? The investigative news crew will find out the same thing. As mentioned, the techs don't know how to wrench on your bike. Heck, your bike might break the dyno. Plus they do not want the harley owners seeing or even hearing about a Hayawhatever having ~160+/- h.p.............D'oh!

Go to the local suzuki dealer and buy some suzuki stuff.

Back