Kinda amusing

milesbm

Donating Member
Registered
I figured you guys would appreciate this about as much as I did.

Yesterday I called the local Harley dealership to ask about using dyno time to tune in a couple power commanders (mine and a friends R6). The funny part is that when I told him what bike I had he had to have me call back because he didn't know if their dyno would handle it. I just thought it was funny that he was worried about dynoing a stock busa. I am surprised he said they would do it also, I didn't think the HD guys wanted an import to show them up on the HP marks.

laugh.gif
Prob'ly worried ya smoke his dyno with all that HP and torque!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Thats crazy . Guess they've never experienced the kind of power the Busa puts out .
biggrin.gif

I work for a Harley dealer but we have a few motorcyclist here that ride and are interested in all bikes , not just Harleys. Some people need to open their eyes and see the light .
cool.gif

I took my busa in to get dynoed last year at the local shop. I was browsing around the shop when I heard them start the testing. After the noise stopped, I thought it was a little too short, so I went to the service desk and asked what was going on. The guy looked a little embarased and said that the dyno broke while they were testing my bike.

It is a great story to tell my friends that my busa has so much power it broke the dyno.

my local suzuki shop has a dyno and a good tuner guy .... never thought of asking the HD folks to dyno mine but they are one of the very few places to fill your NOS tanks, so they are sorta accustomed to "non HD" type folks strollin in for stuff
cool.gif

just thought of this one.... so why is it that a good # of HD shops have dyno's anyway? Could it be that they charge you through the nose, or out another less plesant orafice for their parts/service and then have to justify it by sayin, well golly gee bubba gump, you gotchu anohter 3hp for that $1500 exhaust/carb redoin' ... well by gosh, thatsa makin a whole 64hp now!!
laugh.gif
wow.gif

Love HD stories from new buyers. "Yea it's gota 85 cu. in. motor in it too". I smile and tell them how nice their bike looks dripping oil in the road.

JD:p

Anyone interested in buying a Road King haha. I think I have ridden mine twice in 6 week's. Once was to pick up some cleaning stuff for the Busa!

<!--EDIT|kreator
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125625420 -->

Back