I am SOOOOO pissed!!!!

It's just a matter of time before HD runs it's course, and is forced to build a different type of motorcycle to a changing world. I see HD doing alot more exporting over the next few years.

They treat you the same way around here. Takes them 30 minutes to ask if you need help, if they even ask. Doesnt matter to me, I would rather have 2 Busas sitting in my garage with accessories than 1 harley for the same money.
biggrin.gif

i completely understand where you are coming from, unfortunately, anything you do is just going to reinforce their misguided belief that you are only a "hater" and jealous of what they think they have...i have found i can only re-educate them one at a time, unless i can get two or three to line up at once LOL

It is because they are not bike guys, they are wanna-be's. Bike guys (and gals) have an appreciation for all things mechanical on two wheels, whether a particular bike is our flavor or not. Too many H-D riders and dealers are in it solely for the image/money. A perfect example is the H-D commercial that implies a guy can't get laid without a Harley. How lame are your products when that's how you market them? The dealership guys are losers, laugh at them and wait for them to have a dyno contest........

(Mr Brown @ Sep. 24 2006,10:57) ........wait for them to have a dyno contest........
It just so happens that we have a big V-Twin bike rally coming up this next weekend and there is always a dyno challenge there. With my mods, I should be hitting mid 160s I think.

Don

(usn04limited @ Sep. 24 2006,11:05)
(Mr Brown @ Sep. 24 2006,10:57) ........wait for them to have a dyno contest........
It just so happens that we have a big V-Twin bike rally coming up this next weekend and there is always a dyno challenge there.  With my mods, I should be hitting mid 160s I think.

Don
take them to school and let the re-education begin
laugh.gif

In my opinion, it isn't what you ride , but that you ride.  If you're on 2 wheels, some people 3, we all face the same perils with regards to road hazards, well, except for the fact that we face them alot faster
biggrin.gif
.  This just sounds like another example of someone not wanting to deal with anything unless it's a Harley.  He probably doesn't know anything about any other bike, except Harleys.  Peace!!
cool.gif

Same problem here.......I have to drive a LONG way just to get someone worth a #$%^ to tune my bike. I get the same answer where I live and there are MANY dyno's around.

(usn04limited @ Sep. 23 2006,19:47)
(bonedust @ Sep. 23 2006,21:35) jesus, grow up. its their dyno they bought with their money. if they were interested in pleasing the sportbike crowd, they would have opened a big-4 dealer.
There was no need to start that school yard "grow up" crap.  When you have been here a little longer you will see that we start all kinds of conversations for various reasons.  

For the guy that said "do i really want a tractor mechanic working on my busa. i think you'll figure it out on your own." After you quoted me, read the post I made.  It plainly states, I was just asking to get a baseline run done and I stated that I did not want a Harley Tech working on my bike.

I spoke to the owner later in the day.  The reason that I was pissed was reinforced by speaking to that arrogant pr!ck.  He treated me with the same condesending attitude as his little receptionist.  He spoke at me like I was a second class citizen because I didn't own one of his precious Harleys.

That was the reason for the post.
BASELINE AND TUNING DYNO NEEDS TO BE THE SAME MACHINE

I have dealt directly with Harley mechanics,sales,and service for a long time.For the most part when I was into it,the guys were decent people who actuall did know their product and how to wrench.But after the 'craze' that took place years back when all the yuppies were jumping on the bandwagon,and buying up bikes,and H.D. couldn't produce them fast enough,and they were bending you over MSRP...things changed.

They now have these same yuppies working at the dealership that know nothing about Harleys at all.It has become much more than motorcycles now,in fact years back,I remember reading about a small dealership in N.J. that had been in business for years,and even stuck by them when AMF bought them and royaly F'ed everything up.They (corporate) told him if he didn't expand his site to house all the motorclothes,stamped chrome crap,and all the other stuff they sell,then they would pull his franchise license....

I do believe that H.D. is now going to be facing new challenges in the future to be able to stay in the market!!!
Should be interesting.

The reason is obvious to me...

Harley dealership's aren't down on sport bikes, they're down on every bike, except a Harley. Why? Because if their customers caught a glance of them dyno'ing a Busa (or just about any other bike besides a Harley) -> it would send their customers scrambling off to some other brand in a hurry!

The way I figure it, Harley salemen are; a) the absolute best sales people in the general business of sales, and, b) excellent actors. Think about it a minute... Can you imagine trying to convince someone to spend $30,000 for a thumpin', vibrating, poor handling, heavy beast with tassel's handing off the handle bars..., plus point them to $1,000 in chrome accessories they need.... and keep a straight face?! Come on! That has to be TOUGH JOB!
biggrin.gif

I re dynoed my bike this summer at a hog shop dyno day. The highest run at that point was 95 hp. Mine went 176 , one local loser dressed in all blk was pissed. You couldnt hear him over the sweet sound of my bike at 11,000 rpm but he said a nasty word and walked off all pissy. I couldnt have been happier... see ya next year girls. sj

they had a grand opening at our local harley shop(chicks HD) for their new dyno and had a $100 contest for HP. Sadly enough a ZX12 took it at 202 HP
bowdown.gif
 and this is at 5000ft
bowdown.gif
 I know the guy and he has it modded to **** and rides with a group of guys on Busa's.

But I agree, money is money, stupid desicison on their part.

bowdown.gif

Sorry but I agree with BoneDust here. This is thier money and they can provide a service to whomever they like with it. Look like it or not Harley is doing a fantastic job cementing brand loyalty. Harley owners HATE that they spend LOTS of money to get their arses handed to them on a platter by Jap bikes costing a fraction of the price. Harley is going out of thier way to "sell" the customer that they are special.

Every motorcycle related event I go to, Daytona Bikeweek, BikeTober Fest, Key West Poker run etc. is 90% Harley and 10% everything else. And Harley is there with multiple 18 wheel trailers to support and sponsor these events. They market like crazy. Like it or not they are a cult and they want to protect that. Nevermind that they make a V-Rod to compete with the Jap speed and still get thier arses kicked by a 750 bike. How would you feel if you spent 30K on a bike that gave you what 100 HP and you wenrt to the dealer and saw a Busa getting dynoed at a stock 160 HP and that bike cost less than half what they just spent? I'd say pissed was appropriate a word. A Harley dealership doesn't want us anwhere near what they sell. It is gonna prove damaging to thier ability to sell thier product.

The HD dealer in Napa, CA will dyno any bike. In fact, they had a dyno day for anybody who wanted to bring their bike.

I would ask the owner directly, but other then that, I don't think it is worth the effort to force them to dyno your bike. Most establishments have signs stating they have the right to deny service to anyone.

Back