I’m getting tempted again

I may have shared this, but I recall a Cycle Guide or similar article back in the day, where the journalists were at the Honda reveal for the then-new CBX, and they opened with a video of slowly panning across header tubes. Left to right. No big deal. One, two, three, four. Oh wait. Now the journalists are counting out loud in unison. Five! SIX!!! The place goes nuts. Great story.

I may have shared this, but I recall a Cycle Guide or similar article back in the day, where the journalists were at the Honda reveal for the then-new CBX, and they opened with a video of slowly panning across header tubes. Left to right. No big deal. One, two, three, four. Oh wait. Now the journalists are counting out loud in unison. Five! SIX!!! The place goes nuts. Great story.
I remember Kawasaki jumped on the 6 cylinder bandwagon as well with their KZ1300...it was a pretty stellar bike in it's own right...

I rode my brother-in-law's Valkyrie back in the day. Sort of a cool Goldwing.

MVC-005S-M.jpg

I saw this today,
said it ran great.
Deal of the day, good running Honda for a grand, maybe less
lol

View attachment 1674972

Thats a real Hawdabeleeve price. My fav for early models is this one. I’d still like to have one. Not a six but first year for the Comstar wheels getting rid of the old style tube type spokes. Like the earlier 750s many were overloaded with those giant Windjammer fairings and hard bags. I prefer the early nekkid Goldwings.
Never going above four cylinders ever again!

View attachment 1674979

Now now.….

IMG_3869.png

Here's what ya need

View attachment 1674996

cheers
ken

I had rebuilt period correct Koni shocks on my silver 79 and progressive fork springs and fork brace along with a Progressive mono shock on my 82 but otherwise, the suspensions were stock. That front end and those Ohlins shown are very expensive. I’ve read where Hayabusa front ends fit right up too. That’s also a trick swingarm too. Nice. If I get another I want the bagger, an 81 or 82. But, the wiring…everything is four decades old.

Back