Thinking about getting a trike

groran1000

Donating Member
Registered
Yep, I already have a 2010 goldwing with 9000 miles, but the wife and I, more the wife, been looking at the goldwing trikes for years now. At first, we wanted to trike the 2010, but the kit installed is $16k. So we looked around and they can be had for $11k and up. So we figured, hey instead of triking the 2010, buy one and sell the 2010 and save $8-10K. The only pit is, the trikes at those prices are older, say 2005 with 40k miles plus. we found one with a reconstruct title for $11 with 45k miles. Something about fairing getting damaged and insurance totaled it. I believe him because insurance companies do that all the time I think with busa's too. What I really wanted was a special construction with a 300hp chevy engine. Talk about a nice rig. The guy that made it is good at fabricating I'll tell you that. But wife thinks it's ugly so since the trike is really for her, no go. I can wish right? Can you imagine 300hp only weighing 1-2k pounds, it would be unreal. Big wide tires with I think a harley front end. Insane I say

Are you considering harley trikes? There must be a lot of them around. I followed one thru some twisties once and it tracked perfectly! If I were interested I think I’d go for a single rear wheel trike with two up front. Either way they’re still a three wheeled car.

I always felt that a motorcycle with a sidecar is the least embarrassing way to have three wheels under you... of course, after owning a Triumph Bonneville outfit for five years, I will admit that they do everything but "track perfectly ". In fact they're downright scary at times.

Still cooler than a tricycle though. :poke::D

Hello all I’ve been really thinking of getting a spyder F3 manual they run a pretty big penny like 18k.. I love my busa but I want to be more comfortable. And I don’t go very fast on the busa which it’s what it’s made for to go fast.. I don’t know if I will be making the right move or regret it and I can’t go back

Hello all I’ve been really thinking of getting a spyder F3 manual they run a pretty big penny like 18k.. I love my busa but I want to be more comfortable. And I don’t go very fast on the busa which it’s what it’s made for to go fast.. I don’t know if I will be making the right move or regret it and I can’t go back
Have you ridden a Spyder? They are very different. If you ride it and like it the go for it.

One like this?

images.jpg

Back