question

megs_dad1

Registered
Hi all, new member here. dont own a 'busa yet. currently have an 06 Goldwing. used mostly for commuting. only 15 mile round trip. about twice a month we go on a weekend trip of 200-500 miles. at least twice a year we try and take a 7-10 day trip. usually put 300-500 miles a day. now Wife wants to get a trike for her to drive. so my first thought is trike the wing and buy a busa. question is what modifications might be needed to be able to put in several 300-500 mile days in a row???
Thanks much
John

Welcome to the oRg! I dont know if you could ever make the busa as comfortable as the wing, however, if you get yourself a tobin seat, lower pegs, and bar risers, you will be set for many days of riding. I have stock pegs and stock bars and can ride for several hundred miles per day 2-up. However, I do have a set of bags that keep my wife from being the luggage rack. LOL. Let others that do even more riding than I chime in. 500 miles a day is not really that uncommon.

:welcome: to the oRg. There's lots of mods for traveling. I keep mine stock and do the 300-500 mile a day rides. Tell the wife that the rear seat is extremely comfy on the Busa :thumbsup:

:welcome:

raise the bars and new seat.

They are pretty comfy,I hope to do some long rides when it warms up again.

And trike the wing:thumbsup:

Those links will get you started. Don't know your age, physical condition, or size. You might not need to mod the bike at all. Check out New Owners Forum, and enjoy the search engine.

I have been working on the same thing, making the busa a touring bike- so far I have the following and really help me out

-taller windshield-zg touring
-buell peg mod
-1 inch risers
-tobin seats
-throttlemeister

there is so many options on this bike, happy hunting and :welcome:

Comfort & ergonomics that fit you is highly subjective. Sacramento is surrounded by nothing but twisty roads in all directions so when you get that Busa, whole new world will open up to you. :thumbsup:

Busa is a 'does all things well' bike and is much loved by the sport-touring community. Once you have it in the garage, there's not shortage of things you can do to it to make it work for you.

Comfort & ergonomics that fit you is highly subjective. Sacramento is surrounded by nothing but twisty roads in all directions so when you get that Busa, whole new world will open up to you. :thumbsup:

Busa is a 'does all things well' bike and is much loved by the sport-touring community. Once you have it in the garage, there's not shortage of things you can do to it to make it work for you.

I meant to mention Tim. He and a few others put an azz of miles on their bikes and will be a great help to you, and Tim can hook you up with probably anything you need including some nice trips.

I meant to mention Tim. He and a few others put an azz of miles on their bikes and will be a great help to you, and Tim can hook you up with probably anything you need including some nice trips.

:laugh: :thumbsup: Love the Ride.

displayimage.php

Back