Best Time to Dynotune?

Busa110

Donating Member
Registered
My bike has 300 miles on the rebuilt motor. I plan on dynotuning the bike (Hindle, Powercommander and small box mod) when it has around 1500 miles, which, with halfway nice weather, should be around early April. The average temp that time of year should be in the mid 50s. Does it make a difference to have it tuned that time of the year as most of the summer the temps are well over 70. Would the bike run rich or is there enough compensation in the FI system to make the proper adjustments? (I already moved the air temp sensor from the air box to the snorkel)

Also, is 1500 miles enough or should I wait for 2500-3000 miles when the engine is more fully broken in?

The reason I'm asking is that I had downloaded a map from the Power Commander site last summer and the bike ran smooth but now in the winter the bike seems to run a little lean during normal riding. When I had my ZX11 I noticed the same thing and I found that if I richen the needles and open the idle screws some in the winter the bike would run smooth. I know I'm comparing carbs to FI but these questions are bothering me.

Thanks

im wondering the same
should I have it tuned in the spring or when its hot in the summer or somewhere in the middle?

If you use a PC2 tune and keep it in the middle that way you can go up and down on the a/f mix. Also remember you are most likely tunning in the inside so you are not truly getting the full weather mix anyway. My turbo was tunned by DaveO in New England, which I use a PC2, but it also runs like crazy in warmer air in South FL. where it is also more humid and at lower sea level.

DaveO will be tuneing my bike
I ride from 40 degrees to 90's so its a big temp change
Mike when do you think i should have it done?
you know the area here

Thanks guys!
smile.gif
I thought this was a dead thread. Who is DaveO? Fall River is an easy ride over the ferry from me.

DaveO is a board member that set a a few records at maxton with his self built and tuned busa

<!--EDIT|atticdog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109003888 -->

Back